Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel  (Read 525 times)

KayW123

• First Flush
Oestrogel
« on: January 27, 2023, 11:37:54 AM »

Good Morning ladies.

My doctor recently suggested I increase from 2 to 3 pumps which I’ve done now for 7 weeks.

I put one pump on each arm and the 3rd between both inner thighs in the morning.

I see that some people split their doses between morning and night.  I find I’m very low in the morning and so tired and pick up after a couple of hours.  Just wondering if splitting the dose and applying half of it when I go to bed may help with that ?

Appreciate any feedback as I know it’s a personal thing and doctors can’t really advise but good to know other peoples experience.

Thank you so much xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 11:49:22 AM »

It's a bit Trial and Error as each lady is different.  How do U feel having increased from 2 to 3 suddenly?  Sometimes it can be better to ease into an extra pump i.e. every 3rd night then every 6th night initially to give the body less of a shock.

You could type 'oestrogel' into the search box and see if threads pop up.  Let us know how you get on.

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 02:39:01 PM »

It's normal to give any increase in dosage three months to settle in and then reassess. You would then have scope to increase to four pumps if symptoms remained unresolved. If you pick up in the morning after a couple of hours I would give it a bit longer and stay as you are just now. (The advice given above is not really appropriate to systemic HRT as you need consistency.)

I can't advise about splitting the dose of gel because I use patches so get a consistent dose throughout the day, but others may be along to comment.

Hope this helps.

JP x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 03:30:27 PM »

I would try it and see. I'm now on patches but on 4 pumps gel I split it. I thought it might iron out peaks and troughs, lthpugh it's supposed to last 24 hours there has to be a more gradual decline.