Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Progesterone  (Read 448 times)

JulieP820

• First Flush
Progesterone
« on: January 28, 2023, 01:35:34 PM »

What are the reasons that some ladies here use progesterone & some don’t? What will it help? I have some progesterone cream but I’m afraid to use it. I haven’t slept well in a week, anxiety is out of control & I’m miserable. I’m taking some plant based phytoestrogen supplement but no other estrogen. What do you all think?

sheila99

Re: Progesterone
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 02:45:22 PM »

Have you seen your gp? My worst symptoms were anxiety and insomnia, cured by hrt though it did take 3 months. There's some thinking (more in the USA than UK) that progesterone is useful in early peri but if your anxiety and insomnia is new it's very likely to be from oestrogen deficiency.

CrispyChick

Re: Progesterone
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 03:12:33 PM »

Hi Julie, I'm 46 and in peri. Been here for 5 years struggling. Extra estrogen poisons me and I've since found out that's because I'm unbalanced.

My estrogen is not high, it's normal, but my progesterone is very low.

Some take progesterone for this. I've had testing done to confirm that's my case.

So, depends where you are on this journey. I am no where near ready for conventional HRT prescribed via the NHS as it always consists of estrogen - which makes me feel worse.

The alternatives section has some threads on progesterone only. X