Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just found out I'm going through the menopause  (Read 3199 times)

Hayleyanne75

• First Flush
Just found out I'm going through the menopause
« on: January 25, 2023, 04:16:21 PM »

Just found out I'm going through menopause my body feels like I've been crashed into my anxiety is through the roof dripping with sweat I can have 2 washes in the shower and I still smell of sweat I've tried elleste duet conti and evorel 50mg both crap also on other meds and diabetic any recommendations just want to feel normal/a little happy again  :-\ any ideas welcome ☆☆☆
*******refresh not been here for a while been struggling so I've tried sandrena gels 1mg,patches,utrogestan 100mg, and I'm now on elleste duet conti 2mg/1mg my anxiety was bad and tearful for nothing doctor doesn't want to give me anything for anxiety due to my asthma but I'm willing to try anything my anxiety was never this bad before menopause the patches would stay in one place and the gel was itchy any ideas for the anxiety  :-\
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 10:43:40 AM by Hayleyanne75 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just found out I'm going through the menopause
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 04:38:41 PM »

:welcomemm:

Hi.  There are many ways of delivering HRT, it can take the body a few months for the uptake to give any benefit.  Did U have side effects with that regime?

Some find that keeping amood/food/symptom diary of use.  Deciding which symptom one would like to ease first. 

I have a thread here, which I will bump.  Although you think you are smelly, others may not notice. 

What is happening to your periods?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 05:43:36 PM »

Hello Hayleyanne and welcome to the forum. There are many other HRT options you can try so please do not worry. One idea is to trial an oestrogen patch to see how you respond to it and then if all is okay you add in a progesterone. This can help when a woman does not know which part of HRT she is reacting too.

When you say you felt crap, which side effects did you get from the HRT you tried?

Hayleyanne75

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 07:03:00 PM »

I had nova sure done 8 years ago not had period since previous meds made me sick patches made me itchy anxiety is bad

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 07:30:54 PM »

I had nova sure done 8 years ago not had period since previous meds made me sick patches made me itchy anxiety is bad

I have seen quite a few members develop a rash from the glue of the patches. There are still other options you can try. How long did you try the HRT for? I am guessing you are no longer on any HRT?

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 08:23:33 PM »

If U have difficulty with HRT then ask your GP for an anti-anxiety medication.  Initially I was given Valium 3 times a day, then used it on an 'as necessary' basis.  Because I knew it worked I was able to take it the night B4 an event and never required extra to get through the next day.

Now I have an emergency drug when anxiety floors me.  Bach rescue remedy has worked too.  Relaction therapy helped a bit.

Ask for a referral to a menopause clinic for advice.

Hayleyanne75

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 01:33:24 PM »

I've not been on hrt long I didn't know it took so long to work I'm off the patches and on sandrena gel now 1mg hoping it is going to work am also taking utrogestan 100mg  :-X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 01:47:58 PM »

I've not been on hrt long I didn't know it took so long to work I'm off the patches and on sandrena gel now 1mg hoping it is going to work am also taking utrogestan 100mg  :-X

Yes, HRT can take a while to see improvements but if the side effects are too much for you then I can understand you wanting to try something else. Is your GP supportive?

Songbird

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2023, 09:06:23 AM »

Just a quick comment, Poppy..
I had an ablation aged 44 (in 2008) due to horrendous flooding. I had a polyp removed.
I started HRT a year ago (aged 57) and was told that I would need progesterone as well as oestrogen.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2023, 11:34:06 AM »

but since you have been diagnosed as postmeno = no more periods.  1 needs to count for 12 months without a bleed to be in menopause, however.  Nature can/may throw another bleed into the works  >:(. from which day 1 starts counting to 12 all over again  ::)

Peri throws up all kinds of weird and not so wonderful feelings and symptoms  :-\

Let us know how you get on.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2023, 02:36:25 PM »

Any unusual bleeding when a lady has got to menopause must be investigated on an 'in case' basis.  Menopause = last monthly period.  End of.  No more bleeds.    Unless something odd happens.  I've not had a period since 2002 and would be freaked out now if I spotted blood  :o although I do get period-like twinges occasionally : "oh no! not again" but no.

Hayleyanne75

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2023, 10:44:40 AM »

Hi all I have updated my original post thanks

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2023, 11:00:09 AM »

but since you have been diagnosed as postmeno = no more periods.  1 needs to count for 12 months without a bleed to be in menopause, however.  Nature can/may throw another bleed into the works  >:(. from which day 1 starts counting to 12 all over again  ::)

Wouldn't it need to be more extreme to cause a reversal of a diagnosis? Like my old boss had natural menopause age 25, devastating for her. She was 40 when a new med came out that reversed her menopause and she finally had her daughter, I expect while she was pregnant they didn't say she was in menopause!

Could you give more details about the medication she had please. This would be  a life changer for so many women especially to a friend's daughter who is devastated at not being able to have children due to early menopause.

Taz x  :)

Hayleyanne75

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2023, 11:05:10 AM »

Wots the best thing to take for menopausal anxiety I'm on elleste duet conti anxiety is bad one doctor has told me to use silvercloud app it's crap

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2023, 11:29:51 AM »

Morning.

Some anti-depressant medications can ease anxiety.  It may be a while to find what suits you.  Is there a particular time when it strikes?  For me it was after 3.00 a.m., cortisol - the waking hormone - would leave me terrified.  The effects lasted until mid-afternoon.   :'(

I have used 'valium' successfully through the 1990s, 'as necessary'.  My GP gave me Propranolol - a betablocka to ease early morning surges, which worked well.  Bachs Rescue Remedy mouth spray has also helped.
Pages: [1] 2