Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Does anyone know why Lenzetto is only licensed for up to 3 sprays?  (Read 721 times)

Gilla999

I'm just curious... can't seem to find anything online and not sure of how licensing works and reasons behind it etc. But if the equivalent dose of 3 sprays of Lenzetto is approx a 50mcg patch and you can get 75 and 100 patches as well as being able to take 4 pumps of Oestrogel etc on a licensed dose... I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts as to the reason why Lenzetto would only be licensed for 3?

I'm of course aware that prescribers will happily prescribe more and Louise Newsom says it's perfectly safe etc. But if so, I just wondered why the manufacturer would only have had up to 3 sprays licensed?

sheila99

Re: Does anyone know why Lenzetto is only licensed for up to 3 sprays?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 02:02:47 PM »

I don't know the answer but wonder if it has anything to do with the confusion over it's strength? When it first came out 1 spray was supposed to be equivalent to 1 pump gel or 50 patch. It became clear it much weaker but perhaps by then it had already been through the licensing.

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 05:23:52 PM »

I did wonder that Sheila, I can't remember what dose of patch they initially thought it was equivalent to?

I also can't believe it passed through quality trials etc and was allowed to be advertised at a certain dose when it appears not to be - but I've no idea how these things work!

I guess I wondered if there could be any other reason why it wasn't licensed for more than 3 - whether it had bad reactions or anything to do with the ingredients etc. Wish I knew where to find the results of the manufacturer trials!

Angelasurrey

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 05:25:34 AM »

Hi Gilla,

I’m asked my consultant this and they had no idea. She was adamant not to increase it. i tried lenzetto about a year ago and felt very dizzy and jittery.

A x

violetbat

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 01:29:45 PM »

It is a quarter of the strength it claims to be. I was on 4 pumps of gel when they switched to it because of gel shortage. Pharmacist told me to use 2 sprays. Within weeks I was in a terrible state and got up to 6 sprays with no relief- 8 might have worked better. They wouldn't prescribe more as they said I was over using it. I switched to the patch and have never looked back. I also found that the amount of liquid that came out changed- sometimes I would spray and a full circle came and then the next spray next to nothing so I had no idea how much I was actually using. Rubbish stuff.

Floo36

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 08:10:15 AM »

Gilla, you can see figures for absorption on the emc website. I did email the manufacturer in 2021 and they sent me some more study data.  That data confirms that it’s quite weak as previously thought. I thrived 12 sprays with no benefit at all but that doesn’t mean others won’t.  I have absorption problems.  It’s easy to use and lots are finding it helpful.