Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Anyone struggling with absorption issues and on high doses?  (Read 596 times)

Angelasurrey

Anyone struggling with absorption issues and on high doses?
« on: January 23, 2023, 05:42:55 AM »

Hello

Im 43 and on 6 sachets of 1mg Sandrena and still having loads of  symptoms. The worse ones begin insomnia, severe PMS, anxiety and itchy skin.

Patches, and spray haven’t worked for me after a sufficient trial process.

Can anyone share their experience and what helped?

Thanks so much,

Angela

Pippa52

Re: Anyone struggling with absorption issues and on high doses?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 03:20:57 PM »

Hi AngelaSurrey

Am in a similar position.  Gel for me did not absorb at all for me and am now on Estradot patches and praying they will work.  Just wanted to say I feel your pain it seems never ending trying to get the right dose/absorption!!  Hope so much you get yours sorted soon x

Floo36

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 08:18:28 PM »

Yes, I have absorption problems.  Has there been any improvement at all on the Sandrena? What other makes and  forms of hrt have you tried?

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 08:35:13 AM »

Hello Angelasurrey

I am sorry that you are having this trouble.

I also use Sandrena gel with the highest amount being two and a half sachets. I am post meno so there could not be any fluctuations from my own hormones. I never had a blood test with Sandrena but at this level I was experiencing painful breasts and spotting which quickly developed into bleeding, all of which indicated that not only had I absorbed the gel but it was infact too much for my body.

I take it that you either haven't had these symptoms of high Oestrogen or that you are in peri and it is difficult to distinguish between your HRT and your own hormones. I also assume that you have had blood tests and they confirm you are not absorbing, apologies if I have that all wrong.

My recent experiment with Sandrena demonstrated that even a quarter of a 1mcg sachet can make a difference once you are absorbing well. I learned this because at a quarter of a sachet ie 25mcg I had a return of some flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness but when I increased slightly to half a patch these symptoms resolved.

I hope you find a solution soon. I know how frustrating it is to feel that treatments that work for many other people are somehow not helping you.

I am sorry that I can't be of more help but I understand how you feel and sending hugs.

Take care.

K.