Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Designing for Menopause Experiences - Royal College of Art  (Read 4998 times)

DaynaBooth

• First Flush
Designing for Menopause Experiences - Royal College of Art
« on: January 21, 2023, 06:42:54 PM »

Hi ladies, I hope you are well.

I'm a service design MA student at the Royal College of Art in London, currently working on my graduation project that is focusing on menopause health. As a woman, I believe that there is a huge opportunity for service design to be brought into this space as it is about designing the end-to-end process of a service in order to provide people with better experiences. Some examples could include improved GP training for accurate and earlier diagnosis, improvements in workplace policies, support for women going through early menopause after hysterectomy, or education/guidance for partners to help provide better support for menopausal people.

I would love to learn from you and would appreciate any information you would share with me about your menopause experiences. My survey is completely anonymous and will only be used for research purposes - it can be filled out from the perspective of someone who is/has gone through menopause, or from someone who knows someone who is/has gone through menopause (it would be great if the link could be passed on to husbands, partners, children, friends, etc.). Any responses with as much detail as you're willing to share would be greatly appreciated and please feel free to pass it on to anyone else you think would be interested.  :)
https://forms.gle/hEidkVCEfH7HHt1s9
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 09:29:10 PM by DaynaBooth »

Flossieteacake

Re: Designing for Menopause Experiences - Royal College of Art
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 07:11:23 PM »

Done.😀 i wish you luck in your studies.

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 04:56:43 PM »

Done  :)
Wishing you well in your research.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 07:15:47 PM »

Has this been approved by Emma ? 

ameliakayrichards

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 11:09:41 AM »

Hi ladies, I hope you are well.

I'm a service design MA student at the Royal College of Art in London, currently working on my graduation project that is focusing on menopause health. As a woman, I believe that there is a huge opportunity for service design to be brought into this space as it is about designing the end-to-end process of a service in order to provide people with better experiences. Some examples could include improved GP training for accurate and earlier diagnosis, improvements in workplace policies, support for women going through early menopause after hysterectomy, or education/guidance for partners to help provide better support for menopausal people.

I would love to learn from you and would appreciate any information you would share with me about your menopause experiences. I also found some useful social psychology essay samples you can see here which will help with more theoretical part of my paper. My survey is completely anonymous and will only be used for research purposes - it can be filled out from the perspective of someone who is/has gone through menopause, or from someone who knows someone who is/has gone through menopause (it would be great if the link could be passed on to husbands, partners, children, friends, etc.). Any responses with as much detail as you're willing to share would be greatly appreciated and please feel free to pass it on to anyone else you think would be interested.  :)
https://forms.gle/hEidkVCEfH7HHt1s9

That's a very important topic, and I wish you luck with this project and any further ones.
Are you planning to publish it somewhere after, or will it be used only for your studies?
I'm curious because I know that some students publish their work on different educational sites
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 03:40:30 PM by ameliakayrichards »