Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Emuaid  (Read 777 times)

MrsMitch

Emuaid
« on: January 21, 2023, 10:17:18 AM »

Hello lovely ones. I've just received Me & my menopause vagina and read through it in a few hours! So the author mentions Emuaid as an essential moisturiser/aid for VA but says to buy the best you can due to cheaper makes having other ingredients in them.
After looking at Emuaid own website, I see that all of them contain other ingredients so have any of you used it? Is there one that doesn't have the extra ingredients, as she suggests? I've tried to find a contact for her to ask her direct, she also mentions her support groups in the book but doesn't name them, oddly. Thanks ladies 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Emuaid
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 10:20:50 AM »

Morning.  There is a private members group for VA - I am sure that someone will be along with info..  Did U find the book of interest?

MrsMitch

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 05:51:50 PM »

Thank you, CLKD, yes I did.  I appreciate you recommending it. Whilst a lot of it was what I already knew from experience as far as symptoms etc, there were some treatments mentioned I wasn't aware of. But the main things is, because before joining this forum, I'd not had a VA diagnosis, I didn't insist the GP gave me oestrogen pessaries and cream on repeat prescription.  I didn't know I would need to use them all the time to keep things under control. Plus because my GP was informed by the gynea that I had vulvadynia, I think she was of the opinion that if after one script of pessaries I was no better, then they were not the right treatment.
So I'm so glad to know what I've got and I now know to persevere with the right treatment.  I'm calling my GP on Monday to talk everything through. Thank you again.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 09:01:22 PM »

GPs need to up their game? 

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 10:12:37 PM »

The group CLKD mentions is the private Vaginal Atrophy Facebook support group. You will find it if you Google for it and you can apply to join. It was started by Jane Lewis who was a member of this forum.

Jane has now given up her work in this field and is not, I think, traceable on social media so cannot be contacted.

As to Emuaid, it hardly ever crops up these days. Most people in this country seem to use Yes OB or Olive & Bee for oil-based products. I have used Emuaid but did not like it. It was very solid and difficult to apply to a sore vulva. The two products I mentioned have a more creamy consistency and are easier to apply.

Hope this helps.

JP x

MrsMitch

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 04:44:31 PM »

Thank you JP...alas I'm not on any social media, but thank you. I've also managed to find pure Emuoil on a spray bottle on Amazon which I suspect would be better than a solid ointment. I'll order some and see how it goes  :)