Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Major joint pain  (Read 668 times)

Kenny

Major joint pain
« on: January 17, 2023, 08:16:41 PM »

So I’ve now been off HRT for 3 months, I’m getting the odd palpitations at night but nothing that’s an issue, however my joints are giving me a lot of pain, mainly my knees, would going back on HRT help, many thanks .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Major joint pain
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 08:33:34 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Do U take pain relief?

Why did U stop HRT?

Kenny

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 08:46:12 PM »

My GP asked me to change from tablet HRT, he prescribed the cream to rub on, tbh it got on my nerves so I was changed to patch, I decided that I would see how I went without HRT as in the past have never been able to stop it , I was totally surprised that I had no symptoms so was going to stay off it until I need it,,that’s over 3 month now but omg my joint pain is getting worse. I’m happy to go on it if it’s causing the joint pain.

Lanie66

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 09:12:59 PM »

Hi Kenny, sorry don't know about going back on HRT but I was having knee pain  and stiffness recently.   I'm on patches (2 years now), and started taking glucosamine and chrindroitin and the results have been great.  I got a supplement that also contained MSM as this has further anti inflammatory properties.  Good luck

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 09:15:51 PM »

HRT has really helped my joint pain. Before I was on HRT I started to think I may have arthritis. I think going back on it would help your join pain a lot.

Kenny

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 09:17:29 PM »

I think I am taking and have been for a long time all vitamins associated with joints etc. I go to the gym 3 times a week , I’m so frustrated, I’m speaking to somebody tomorrow about CBD oil 🙏.If I thought HRT would help I have no issue going back on it.

Kenny

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 09:20:10 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake , that’s maybe what I’m thinking, it’s the only change I have made to lifestyle etc, thanks .

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 09:22:55 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake , that’s maybe what I’m thinking, it’s the only change I have made to lifestyle etc, thanks .

That would make sense then. You are most welcome. :)

Kenny

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 11:21:59 PM »

Thanks , decision made, put my 1st patch on tonight 🙏

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 09:47:50 AM »

What do you do in the gym?   Exercise may at this time, be contributing to joint pains.

Best to get some oestrogen into your body.  Don't buy CBD oil or you won't know what is actually working. 

IceLolly

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 07:44:28 PM »

Hello, I had very bad joint/ligament/tendon pain which ended up in 24- hour a day sciatica which was awful. Doctors we're no help, hrt didn't touch it, so after this long I decided to try collagen. After about a week the pain started fading and by 10 days it was gone. I still have a bit of lower back pain but I'm convinced it's down to a fibroid which I'm due to have removed. I know people are probably going to ask which one. I just went with what Davina uses, Ancient and Brave. I hope it helps some of you too. X