Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: HRT or Anti-Depressant for Anxiety?  (Read 13208 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT or Anti-Depressant for Anxiety?
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2023, 07:02:27 PM »

Tnx for the update.  U may find that taking it regularly for 6-8 months of benefit.   :foryou:

Fiona1968

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2023, 07:15:00 PM »

Tnx for the update.  U may find that taking it regularly for 6-8 months of benefit.   :foryou:

Onwards and upwards hopefully :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2023, 07:28:06 PM »

For your sleep to have already improved it is a great sign! It sounds like your body is adjusting and the next day groggy feeling is wearing off which is so positive. Thank you for updating us.

Just to say, please feel free to use the forum for anything be it support or just a chat. We are all here for you.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 07:30:18 PM by Flossieteacake »

Fiona1968

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2023, 07:41:39 PM »

For your sleep to have already improved it is a great sign! It sounds like your body is adjusting and the next day groggy feeling is wearing off which is so positive. Thank you for updating us.

Just to say, please feel free to use the forum for anything be it support or just a chat. We are all here for you.

Thank you… will update on how well anxiety improves over the next few weeks/months

Fiona1968

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2023, 07:44:37 PM »

Thank you… will update on how well anxiety improves over the next few weeks/months

I just wanted to give you a quick update after 2 months on Mirtazapine 15mg which I am taking for Anxiety.

My sleeping has certainly improved but unfortunately there has not been a noticeable change with my anxiety.

Some days it simmers away and I can manage it and on a couple of occasions it has been so bad I have had to take a day off work. I also feel nauseous most mornings I wake up. Simmering or worse, I am exhausted by it :'(

Not really sure what to do next. Options are to up the Mirtazapine to 30mg or give the HRT a go (Evorel Conti Patches)

At the moment I’m mulling over both options and I just wondered if anyone else out there was in the same boat dealing with Anxiety?

« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 07:46:20 PM by Fiona1968 »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2023, 07:47:58 PM »

I just wanted to give you a quick update after 2 months on Mirtazapine 15mg which I am taking for Anxiety.

My sleeping has certainly improved but unfortunately there has not been a noticeable change with my anxiety.

Some days it simmers away and I can manage it and on a couple of occasions it has been so bad I have had to take time off. I also feel nauseous most mornings I wake up. Simmering or worse, I am exhausted by it :'(

Not really sure what to do next. Options are to up the Mirtazapine to 30mg or give the HRT a go (Evorel Conti Patches)

At the moment I’m mulling over both options and I just wondered if anyone else out there was in the same boat dealing with Anxiety?

Welcome back Fiona. I really am sorry your anxiety is still bad. Do you think the anxiety could be hormonal as this would explain why there is no improvement. The nausea is awful and is often a meno symptom. I have had that out the blue too.

There are lots of threads about anxiety on here. You could always do a search in the search bar and have a browse.

Just to say, you do not need to delete your account at all. You can leave it open and post whenever you feel you wish to. :)

Fiona1968

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2023, 07:55:23 PM »

Some days it simmers away and I can manage it and on a couple of occasions it has been so bad I have had to take time off. I also feel nauseous most mornings I wake up. Simmering or worse, I am exhausted by it :'(

Welcome back Fiona. I really am sorry your anxiety is still bad. Do you think the anxiety could be hormonal as this would explain why there is no improvement. The nausea is awful and is often a meno symptom. I have had that out the blue too.

There are lots of threads about anxiety on here. You could always do a search in the search bar and have a browse.

Just to say, you do not need to delete your account at all. You can leave it open and post whenever you feel you wish to. :)

Thanks for your reply and apologies for deleting and reinstating my account ;)

I thought because I was 10 years post menopause and not getting any other symptoms it wasn’t hormonal
but you’re probably right and the Anxiety is hormonal. The nausea is awful…

Flossieteacake

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2023, 07:58:01 PM »

I thought because I was 10 years post menopause and not getting any other symptoms it wasn’t hormonal

Please do not apologise. I just thought I would mention in in case you did not realise. :)

I have read threads on here were women started having symptoms post meno and then decided to take HRT. I also thought post meno would mean such symptoms went until I joined this forum.

How was the CBT?

Fiona1968

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2023, 08:22:37 PM »

Please do not apologise. I just thought I would mention in in case you did not realise. :)

I have read threads on here were women started having symptoms post meno and then decided to take HRT. I also thought post meno would mean such symptoms went until I joined this forum.

How was the CBT?

My first CBT therapist made me feel worse and discussed her own health issues and family problems so I have just had my first session with a new therapist this week who is thankfully more professional and easy to talk to. I am hoping she can guide me in the right direction over the next few weeks/months. Will keep you posted.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2023, 08:24:47 PM »

What a terrible therapist! Maybe you need to leave a review to warn others about her. I am glad the new therapist is easy to talk to. :)

Fiona1968

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2023, 08:28:23 PM »

I did think about leaving a review but I live in a small town and I would dread bumping into her.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2023, 08:32:50 PM »

I did think about leaving a review but I live in a small town and I would dread bumping into her.

I can understand that. Luckily the new therapist is much better.

Mollymoo

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2023, 10:58:45 AM »

Some days it simmers away and I can manage it and on a couple of occasions it has been so bad I have had to take a day off work. I also feel nauseous most mornings I wake up. Simmering or worse, I am exhausted by it :'(

Hi Fiona
I suffer with anxiety and was taking anti anxiety tablets and hrt but I have recently just started on an antidepressant because I was very tearful and now feel much better.
I get bleeding every couple of weeks on evorel conti so have decided to stop taking it because it is stressing me out.
If the bleeding stops then I will know its the hrt causing it then I don't know what avenue I will go down.

Fiona1968

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2023, 05:28:51 PM »

Hi Mollymoo

Thanks for your message.

I have decided to try the Evorel Conti and stop the Mirtazapine to see if it helps with the Anxiety. If it doesn’t help I may try the Mirtazapine again but on a higher dose (30mg). I am willing to try different things as my anxiety is so debilitating. What antidepressant are you taking now?

I found Mirtazapine 15mg great for a more settled sleep but unfortunately it hasn’t really helped with the anxiety.

KarineT

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2023, 06:07:38 PM »

I understand that thoughts are linked to feelings but thoughts aren't always the root cause of the anxiety.  Sometimes, I will wake and feel panicky for no reason.  The therapist is talking rubbish saying that the person must have thought about something which triggered the anxiety.

Fiona1968, I'm surprised that after 10 years postmeno, you're having anxiety and panic attacks. One would have thought that everything would have settled after that time.

Karine
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7