Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Increasing Systemic for VA?  (Read 3201 times)

Lily35

Re: Increasing Systemic for VA?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2023, 06:32:45 PM »

I really am sorry. Perhaps it would help to talk to the practice manager. An examination is pointless because you can not always see signs.

I know an examination would probably be pointless as everything is much more ‘plumped up’ now and I had an examination only 3 months ago and it looked ‘fine’ then although I really struggled with my smear and also my coil change some months before.
But she said it’s her writing the prescriptions and her decision - oh joy.

She also said in her experience those suffering VA are never 💯 comfortable and just have to manage the symptoms as best as possible and prevent it getting any worse.  Just bloody fed up of the whole thing now.  x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2023, 06:38:41 PM »

As she said we need to manage the condition, this means using as much localised oestrogen as needed. :( It is so unfair.

Lily35

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2023, 10:07:48 AM »

Little update from me for anyone following this thread:
I strongly believe that the increase in systemic HRT has indeed helped my VA symptoms. I feel better the last few weeks than I have in a long time.

I am now using 1.5mg Sandrena Gel daily and the Vagifem/ovestin alternate nights.
Bladder has settled I think by adding the VF back into the mix. 

So for anyone suffering with VA that isn’t improving enough with daily local oestrogen I would really recommend considering systemic HRT or increasing systemic.  It does seem to be making a big difference x
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 10:10:12 AM by Lily35 »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2023, 12:02:29 PM »

I am so happy to hear this Lily! :)

Lily35

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2023, 01:26:50 PM »

I am so happy to hear this Lily! :)

Thank you - hopefully turning a corner!  ;) X

Lily35

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2023, 10:05:54 AM »

Thought I’d pop another update on for anyone reading this. 
I am now a couple of months into the new regime using 1.5mg Sandrena gel a day and Vagifem internal/ovestin external on alternate days. 

I genuinely feel better than I have in 2 years..sometimes I even forget about VA for a couple of days whereas before it was a 24/7 thing!
Doc wants me down to 2 x topical a week and I’m keen to do that as I feel the systemic HRT has been the game changer for me.  I know this is a forever thing but for anyone suffering with the chronic stage things really will improve eventually !   L x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2023, 10:31:12 AM »

:thankyou:

As U know, VA treatment is for Life.  It can vary as to how often treatment is required, less than twice a week is risking flare ups.  Some ladies require nightly applications.

Keep us up to date.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2023, 11:01:26 AM »

So pleased to hear your update! Rather then dropping to twice a week, you could trail three times a week just to ensure you do not get a VA flare.

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2023, 11:21:05 AM »

I missed this:

She also said in her experience those suffering VA are never 💯 comfortable and just have to manage the symptoms as best as possible and prevent it getting any worse.  Just bloody fed up of the whole thing now.  x. talking out of her ..........  :cuss:  Her time will arrive ;-).  I've been 100% comfortable but of course, she probably doesn't talk to us  ???

Ayesha

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2023, 11:36:10 AM »

I really am sorry. Perhaps it would help to talk to the practice manager. An examination is pointless because you can not always see signs.

She also said in her experience those suffering VA are never 💯 comfortable and just have to manage the symptoms as best as possible and prevent it getting any worse.  Just bloody fed up of the whole thing now.  x

Ignorant, uneducated springs to mind here, making a situation a whole lot more complicated when there is absolutely no need.

My wonderful GP hasn't seen me since she sorted my VA symptoms out on the first visit, no fuss, no hassle, she gave me the treatments, the armour, needed to combat Vaginal Atrophy. So I would say to your GP she is talking nonsense, I am very comfortable now!

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2023, 12:54:17 PM »

Mine hasn't seen me for VA for over 8 years: other issues usually annual review though that is done over the phone by the Pharmacist following blood tests for statins. 

Lily35

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2023, 01:02:27 PM »

Yes sadly the lovely menopause nurse at my practice has left and the GP (despite being a woman of a certain age!) seems both clueless and obstructive.  I have a call in next week with another gp at the practice to see if I can get my Vagifem /ovestin back on the repeat.  I do have some supplies built up so not too worried.

Yes good idea.  I am going to trial 3 x per week for a month then try 2 if still ok.  I don’t want to be going backwards (million per cent on this!!)
Pages: 1 2 [3]