Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Sore! Raw! Agony!  (Read 3449 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sore! Raw! Agony!
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2023, 04:48:34 PM »

Get your self onto the 'phone now and ask for a referral to a dedicated NHS menopause clinic.  There are waiting lists for both NHS and private Clinics.  Speak to the Practice Manager too. 

Good that you have found the reason for the soreness! 

High Blood Pressure should not however, be dismissed.  I can't remember if you take your readings at home?

Doodle

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2023, 07:12:20 PM »

I’d love a bath. But that’s out of the question 😬🤣.

You’re so kind, thank you so much. I’ll be ok. I suppose we have to be. I am going to complain to the practice manager though. I hate complaining, because I know how hard things must be for the doctors and nurses too, but I feel like I’ve been fobbed off and backed into a corner too many times now. I will make a verbal complaint……if they’d answer the phone 🥴.

I know that feeling. I used to have hot baths with bath bombs to relax me. We have to settle for warm showers now. ;)

Do not feel bad to make a complaint. Think how you are helping others as this will happen to them too.

Perhaps watching or listening to something nice and eating something tasty will be a different kind of relaxation. :)

Ohhh me too. I so miss my ‘Lush’ bathbombs.

That’s a good point about my complaint helping others in the future. I’d never thought of it that way.

SkyMovies have the Twilight Movies playing back to back at the moment. I think I might settle down and watch that tonight. Cheesy viewing I suppose, but I like them 😄.

Lush was my 'go to' place anytime I wanted a treat. I cannot use any of their stuff now and cannot even smell them without feeling sick. Lol.

Oh yes, you will be helping others and also ensuring the locum Dr does not ruin other peoples day.

That is a great idea! I hope you enjoy them. :)

Oh no! It’s terrible isn’t it?! I’ve not actually smelt any lush stuff for a while, but my sense of smell is…..different to what it used to be. Much more sensitive. I can smell things that other folk can’t too, which is annoying  ;D

Thankyou, and I’m just settling down to watch the films. Mustn’t eat too much crap as I’m doing so though  :)

Doodle

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2023, 07:19:43 PM »

Get your self onto the 'phone now and ask for a referral to a dedicated NHS menopause clinic.  There are waiting lists for both NHS and private Clinics.  Speak to the Practice Manager too. 

Good that you have found the reason for the soreness! 

High Blood Pressure should not however, be dismissed.  I can't remember if you take your readings at home?

Hi CLKD, I gave up trying to get through to the doctors this afternoon. I’m definitely not going to let it go though. I’m going to make a verbal complaint to the surgery and progress from there. Then if I can’t get to see the menopause nurse that I saw originally, I’ll ask about a referral. The one I saw originally did seem more sympathetic and open to things and more knowledgeable, and I’m annoyed that I wasn’t seen by her today. I understand that maybe she is off ill, but I would rather they had just cancelled my appointment than seeing the locum I saw today who literally took my blood pressure and then point blank refused to give me another prescription.

I’m not a frequent blood pressure taker, but I have a monitor at home that I bought a few years ago, so I’ve used that today.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2023, 08:37:41 PM »

Let us know how you get on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]