Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New to hrt but symptoms back  (Read 1880 times)

Booroo

New to hrt but symptoms back
« on: January 16, 2023, 11:33:42 AM »

Grr started 0.5 sandrena just over 3 weeks ago felt better in 3 days and as had toleration with utro menopause doctor said to do 2 mini pills instead as I was ok on those,done that since Wednesday and at weekend and last night got palpitations back and jitters not slept
She did say before next review that I could increase to 1.0mg so 2 sachets if I needed to so I have today but got a headache but not as bad as utro is it the gel needed increasing do you reckon? I have ring back with menopause doctor on Wednesday it any advice in meantime would be useful thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to hrt but symptoms back
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 11:47:49 AM »

It may B too much 2 soon!  How about every 3rd day ........ to ease your body into the different levels of HRT?

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use too.

Booroo

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 11:49:46 AM »

It may B too much 2 soon!  How about every 3rd day ........ to ease your body into the different levels of HRT?

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use too.

Every 3rd day for which? Sorry brain fog lol or do you mean just keep it as oringinal dose and see how it goes?

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 11:52:06 AM »

Hi!  How often do you take the mini pills?  It can take 3-4 months B4 the body adjusts, however, too much replacement too soon may give symptoms. 

Booroo

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 11:58:04 AM »

Hi!  How often do you take the mini pills?  It can take 3-4 months B4 the body adjusts, however, too much replacement too soon may give symptoms.

She said to take them every day continually

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 12:01:25 PM »

Hopefully some1 will be along with better advice, personally I would alternate the daily intake to see if I feltl any better.  With medication it can depend on how long it takes for it to get through the body.  [clear as mud ? ]

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023, 12:03:53 PM »

Hi are you post or peri menopausal?

I would suggest increasing the oestrogen.

Booroo

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2023, 12:07:46 PM »

Hi are you post or peri menopausal?

I would suggest increasing the oestrogen.

Peri not had many periods in the last year so nearly there!
Yes upped oestrogen today so first day on increase

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2023, 12:15:08 PM »

Periods can wax and wane which may impact on HRT.  Mine disappeared for months, the returned on a regular basis, for several years.  Then suddenly in 2002 I realised that I hadn't had a bleed  ::)

Let us know how you get on!

Booroo

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023, 12:22:19 PM »

Periods can wax and wane which may impact on HRT.  Mine disappeared for months, the returned on a regular basis, for several years.  Then suddenly in 2002 I realised that I hadn't had a bleed  ::)

Let us know how you get on!

Score hrt it was like this approx every 2 weeks had the lightbulb moment so a cycle of some sort going on but know what u mean it’s like oh I e not had a bleed !
Will keep post updated thanks as always

VanillaLover

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2023, 12:26:22 PM »

How long until your review? You are meant to give it three months to settle after each dose change, if I were you I would persist a bit longer with the original dose.

I got terrible headache for a week when I started HRT, they did go away once I was more used to it.

Good luck!

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2023, 12:36:12 PM »

Peri-menopause are the years leading up to the final monthly period.  It is suggested that we count from month 1 after we stop bleeding regularly, after 12-14 months we can think that we are in menopause = literally the last bleed.  However, Nature can throw in a curved ball so we have to begin counting from 1.  Again  ::)

Booroo

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2023, 05:49:51 PM »

How long until your review? You are meant to give it three months to settle after each dose change, if I were you I would persist a bit longer with the original dose.

I got terrible headache for a week when I started HRT, they did go away once I was more used to it.

Good luck!

Was going to go back to original dose tomorrow see how it goes you think great it’s done @nd then it lets you know actually no it isn’t

Booroo

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2023, 10:24:40 AM »

Update
Had a rubbish night had to sleep upright as every time I lay down whichever side can feel the boom boom like previously but.not for last 3 weeks,sweaty couple times could feel it coming, so today got banging headache feel bit sick and dizzy I don’t think it’s so different from when I was on utro and like not with it feeling,got ring back today anyone else think it’s the 2 lots of mini pills seeing as start last Wednesday and felt crap. By Saturday?
Doing my head In

Dotty

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2023, 10:34:01 AM »

Hi which mini pill are you taking ? x
Pages: [1] 2 3