Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: removal of hormone from body  (Read 696 times)

Emsie

removal of hormone from body
« on: January 17, 2023, 12:32:56 PM »

Hi, I am progesterone intolerant and after my 4th attempt took my last Utrogestan table on Friday - I have agreed with my meno GP to try a different route.

I had an awful week last week but on Sunday felt in a happier mood.  My period started last last night but today I feel truly awful, very very tired, emotional, cant work....could this be the progesterone still or my period?

I do have stomach cramps too. but that is my period.

Feel such a mess. Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: removal of hormone from body
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 12:41:22 PM »

A bit of both probably.  Be kind to yourself.  Take some pain relief and curl up with good book under a blanket - unless U R at work?

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

Emsie

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 12:44:16 PM »

Thanks, I am at work and sitting at my desk crying.  The last 10 days have been so awful.

I am in the office on my own, so at least I can have a good cry.

Thank you xx

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 01:00:15 PM »

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear that.   I have replied to your on Budder's thread but it definitely sounds like you need to ditch the Utrogestan.

With so many women have problems with the dreaded Utrogestan, I'm starting to think there is a fundamental problem with that stuff.

Floo36

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 01:19:33 PM »

Could it be low Estrogen rather than the progesterone?

I stopped the utro a few years back and it wasn’t that but meno symptoms from low Estrogen, at least it confirmed it.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 02:22:02 PM »

Hello Emsie.

I am sorry that you are suffering.

I certainly sympathise as I spend most of my day on the verge of tears. I am very post meno and this 'affliction' only surfaced when my oestrogen levels became very low.

You say that you felt better on Sunday and your period began yesterday, this also indicates that a change of hormones are at the root of your problem.  Hopefully the suggestion that your GP has in mind will work well for you. There are many ladies in a similar position so you are not alone!

Take care and keep us updated.

K.

Emsie

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 03:20:18 PM »

I have felt fine on estrogen only, in fact very good, it’s just when I have progesterone I suffer.  I have tried the coil as well and that’s rubbish too.

Kathleen, that’s interesting you say about came to surface when estrogen levels low. My last appointment with meno doc she asked if I had issues when younger with contraception pill, which I said no…she then said they think the intolerance happens later in life due to very low
Levels of estrogen for a period of time and it changes something (can’t remember what she said)….

sadly I struggled with my GP at 45 to get diagnosed, so didn’t go on HRT for some 2 plus years later….I believe it’s because of this which I now have issues…it’s all so complex.

Thanks ladies, take care x