Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie and bleeding on hrt advice  (Read 988 times)

Debbieb

• First Flush
Newbie and bleeding on hrt advice
« on: January 15, 2023, 05:05:00 PM »

Hey lovely people. I'm 47 and started HRT at 37 due to horrendous peri menopause symptoms. Been on a few regimes but mirena ran out and can only have done under a general as worse than giving birth for me. The pain was excruciating. No one will do it and with the NHS as it is my GP won't even refer me as she said they won't do it as its not for contraception and only for HRT.

Anyway I'm on everol 100 and been put on utrogestan 100. Taken vaginally as I have the most horrible headaches if i take orally. I take one every night. For the last month I have been pink= brown spotting well more like a very light period. 1 pantyliner a day. 2 weeks ive even been trying to get a gp appt but can't get one yet. I don't know what is going on and if this is normal or not. This is my 6th month of being on utrogestan. Shall I try increasing the utogestan. 😕 appreciate any advice from this fab group.

sheila99

Re: Newbie and bleeding on hrt advice
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 06:35:19 PM »

I think increasing would be a good move, it is a known strategy for problem bleeding. Although bleeding can be expected in the first 3-6 months of a new conti regime this seems excessive. You may you find you're better on a sequi regime, at least you'll know when the bleed will come.
Are you certain you're meno rather than peri? I think I would ask for a scan to see if the lining has thickened or if there is another explanation for it. If it's build up perhaps they will be more helpful at getting a mirena for you - often it's the first thing they suggest. Is there a sexual health clinic you could try? At 47 it could easily be for contraception.