Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Dog attacks  (Read 33455 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dog attacks
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2024, 07:41:47 PM »

Corgis and terriers in general are nippers.  The former herded cattle by nipping the heels to keep them moving. 

jaypo

« Reply #256 on: June 11, 2024, 07:14:52 AM »

What worries me is these people who deem it necessary to have these brutes when they have young children,kids trip and fall all the time,or run,step on the dogs tail etc,yes,with a smaller dog,they MIGHT get a nasty nip but with these XLs?? Another report today of a man attacked in the street,life changing near fatal injuries and so it goes on  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #257 on: June 11, 2024, 08:42:19 AM »

:'(

CLKD

« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2024, 02:33:52 PM »

Dog out of control in a Public Place .......... ???  The photograph shows a Belgian Melonoise ............. not a GSD.

Police Scotland is trying to find one of its dogs after it went missing near Loch Ness.

The force said Fergie was being walked in a remote area west of Drumnadrochit when she ran off after a deer at about 10:00 on Sunday.

Police said anyone who encountered the German Shepherd should not run away or towards her "under any circumstances".

People have been asked to stand still and speak to Fergie as they would to any dog. Police Scotland said: "She may stand and bark and this is normal behaviour for a trained police dog (PD)."

jaypo

« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2024, 05:14:53 PM »

That breed was in the papers last week (England) attacked someone quite viscously apparently.
Yet more bully XL attacks too,will it ever end?

CLKD

« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2024, 08:00:20 PM »

Yep, it was a Belgian Shepherd last week: there are 4 varieties, the most known is the Turvenan.  KC tried to amalgamate all 4 under one 'breed' in the 1990s. 

For the Police to lose a working dog is Out of Order!  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #261 on: July 02, 2024, 07:13:16 AM »

Did it chase a deer or something? Is that the same one?

Jules

« Reply #262 on: July 02, 2024, 08:34:48 AM »

I was recently out with my sons dog.  I saw another dog pounding towards us so I picked mine up. The dog was young but big,  doberman type. I ended up kicking it away. The owner ignored my screams for help, sauntered along on his phone. I had to lift my dog onto my shoulder which was hard as he was trying to get free and snarling at the other dog. I ended up with the big dog up my back, paws on my shoulders snapping at my dog. I was terrified. The owner arrived and told me to chill, that it was a pup and wouldn't hurt me. He stunk of cannabis. I gave up arguing as he had his dog by then and was scared he'd set it free again. I could hardly walk home, my legs were like jelly. My dog was also shaken up. I reported him with description to the council dog warden but doubt he'll be caught.

CLKD

« Reply #263 on: July 02, 2024, 11:08:49 AM »

Yes jaypo.

A spray used would probably turn the Police onto us rather than the person with 'dog out of control'.

jaypo

« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2024, 03:20:05 PM »

Omg Jules how awful for you, I sympathise so so much with you,my tiny little poodle mix was attacked by an off lead dog,it was the most terrible thing I ever had to witness. I now carry a spray with me at all times,don't care if it's right or wrong,if you start hitting a dog,it could just turn on you,at least with a spray to the nose or eyes,it will probably run

Jules

« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2024, 03:44:24 PM »

Omg Jules how awful for you, I sympathise so so much with you,my tiny little poodle mix was attacked by an off lead dog,it was the most terrible thing I ever had to witness. I now carry a spray with me at all times,don't care if it's right or wrong,if you start hitting a dog,it could just turn on you,at least with a spray to the nose or eyes,it will probably run

I know.  I thought it was going to attack my leg. I felt a nervous wreck all night. A spray is a good idea. I will get one. Thanks.

jaypo

« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2024, 07:20:57 PM »

Make sure it's something that will sting .
Bloody chavs and their dogs,makes my blood boil,so glad you and your doggy are ok xx

Jules

« Reply #267 on: July 03, 2024, 12:43:04 AM »

Make sure it's something that will sting .
Bloody chavs and their dogs,makes my blood boil,so glad you and your doggy are ok xx

Thankyou.

CLKD

« Reply #268 on: July 03, 2024, 07:53:25 AM »

How R U this morning Jules?  It's a shock and so un-necessary!

The noise of the aerosol should be enough to send a dog running. 

Jules

« Reply #269 on: July 03, 2024, 04:01:37 PM »

How R U this morning Jules?  It's a shock and so un-necessary!

The noise of the aerosol should be enough to send a dog running.

Yes Im fine. This incident happened two weeks ago. It was awful though. Not just the dog but it's moronic owner who also scared me. The dog warden said without an address etc there was little they could do but with the description they are going to keep an eye open when out on patrol.  He's not even my dog and that was also on my mind, he's like a baby to my son and partner. Trying to hold a medium sized dog at shoulder height is not mean feat.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19