Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Evorel patches and anxiety  (Read 2290 times)

blondie82

Re: Evorel patches and anxiety
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2023, 11:11:17 AM »

Hi blondie82 - I just take oestrogen HRT as have had a full hysterectomy so don't need progesterone. I don't take any anti anxiety meds or anything - I do try and meditate most days although always seem to run out of time but know full well that's a poor excuse and I should make time!! :) xxx

Hey. I can work around the progesterone side but the oestrogen triggered the unbearable anxiety and I think because I already suffered with it it just made it 10x worse.
Do you suffer with anxiety? I take it that is why you sometimes meditate. Unfortunately I didn’t find any benefits from meditation, I think because the anxiety is hormone based it just doesn’t impact it enough. I’ve tried CBT but again same issue 🥴 xx

Pippa52

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2023, 05:15:43 PM »

Hi Blondie82 - yes I have always suffered from anxiety and panic attacks but they reached a whole new level when my hormones were out of sync so I feel your pain I really do xx

blondie82

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2023, 08:44:46 PM »

Hi Blondie82 - yes I have always suffered from anxiety and panic attacks but they reached a whole new level when my hormones were out of sync so I feel your pain I really do xx

Ah ok, so the Oestrogen helped with the anxiety?
Yes it is the worse thing isn’t it. I could just get on with the other symptoms but the anxiety I cannot bear. Sure I’ll find the right thing that suits just seems like it’ll take a bit longer then I’d like but your experience certainly gives me hope.
Thank you. Much appreciated. Xx

blondie82

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2023, 07:21:41 AM »

@Scampidoodle - I don’t know if you’ll see this comment but there was no option to reply to your message. To answer your question. Nothing improved, I had to stop taking HRT. I may try again in the future but for now I’m going to try the combined pill to take over balance things out. X

HazelnutMilk

• First Flush
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2023, 04:56:30 PM »

Hi I tried Evorel Sequi and couldn't tolerate it for more than 24 hours - horrible anxiety and agitation, couldn't sleep.
Am on the Oestrogen now and it's fine, although don't know if its really helping much.

blondie82

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2023, 09:22:02 AM »

Hi I tried Evorel Sequi and couldn't tolerate it for more than 24 hours - horrible anxiety and agitation, couldn't sleep.
Am on the Oestrogen now and it's fine, although don't know if its really helping much.

Hi. When you say you’re on the Oestrogen, do you mean the gel? I was sent that instead but have not opted to go back on x

HazelnutMilk

• First Flush
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2023, 09:43:38 AM »

Hi. When you say you’re on the Oestrogen, do you mean the gel? I was sent that instead but have not opted to go back on x

Yes Oestrogel. It can be titrated to your hearts content. I began with 1/8 of a pump - which actually did improve the memory, plump the skin and ease the joints. I am now up to 1 pump. Have you given up totally?

blondie82

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2023, 12:41:28 PM »

Hi. Yeah I got to the end of the third month and stopped the patches and Utrogestan. I have the gel and vaginal progesterone ready to go but I was nervous to try again after how I felt before.
I had got to the point where I was cutting the patches into quarters but it made no diff so gave up.
My other option is contraceptive pill but that isn’t going to replace what I’m losing so I really wanted the HRT to work.
You’ve given me hope that the gel might be better.
How did you find the progesterone? It caused low mood and I felt borderline suicidal on it. That’s not like me so again another thing I have to consider and don’t know if that would improve over time.
I know that no two people are the same so I have to decide myself but any advice helpful and welcome.
X

Yes Oestrogel. It can be titrated to your hearts content. I began with 1/8 of a pump - which actually did improve the memory, plump the skin and ease the joints. I am now up to 1 pump. Have you given up totally?
Pages: 1 [2]