Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fed up tearful and needing support  (Read 1204 times)

Birdy in disguise

Re: Fed up tearful and needing support
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2023, 07:11:24 PM »

Omg peanut (cute name). You are beautiful, you have a partner who loves you. And probably wishes you were happier. And probably does not care how your body is as long as you're happy.  I TOTALLY understand about the crying and anxiety thing and because of it I came off all the hrt and supplements (had been on for 8 months and was a mess) so I could reset. I am still crap in waves but it was a positive difference so I think the hrt can push your hormones too hard. I think the progesterone for me was the killer. I would react emotionally within an hour of taking (and I was taking vaginally every 2 days). I'm still not great tho so I feel like I want the estrogen.  Every 8-10 days I go down and it goes on for a week then a break. It's VERY wearing on my husband and I feel like I'm destroying my relationship. However he's not the greatest at reassuring me so I get louder and that is not great. This has gone on for nearly 3 years! I've been prescribed an anti depressent but I'm scared it'll make me worse or different or numb my instincts. I hear your body challenge and you know that this is really a mind challenge in disguise.  I know it sounds boring but meditation or mindfulness could help you find more ease with your outer self. As it sounds like you carry a lot of thinking tied up around food and body image and health (not a criticism) just an observation. And having a rest from this even a small daily moment of complete peace could help. Omg I'm listening to my own advice and going to sit for 3 mins in complete peace. Stilling the mind, slowing and elongating the breath and just being completely present. Gently drawing the wandering mind back to the breath. No judgement for 3 mins. Or for me no future fear of husband leaving which is my struggle. Sit in your uncomfortable body for 3 mins and just be at peace now. See if you can build on this...  I hope you can find some joy. And down the amount of hrt, if you lower the estrogen then you can also lower the progesterone. But like others have said you'll then need to wait for the settling 2-3 weeks. Before deciding if that works. You can then ask for an endometrium check if you need. .... I understand this suffering and know that this is really a life lesson you're dealing with and these are huge challenges. Like you're being called by your soul to find complete peace internally as externally we will never be completely happy....as our bodies are aging and constantly changing. Finding peace within and of course good eating, good exercise. Ok I'm going now to take my own advice, thank you for providing me this focus. I hope the crying and anxiety will lessen for you too. Progesterone and any lack of sleep really stuffs this for me. Good luck and keep us posted how you're going.
Pages: 1 [2]