Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Extremely Painful Breasts when Introducing Testosterone.  (Read 1401 times)

Charliesunnysky

• First Flush
Extremely Painful Breasts when Introducing Testosterone.
« on: January 11, 2023, 02:16:18 PM »

My periods were infrequent from 2016, and my last one was towards the end of 2019 - I was 47. I began suffering hot sweats and brain fog, which worsened over the next couple of years. By this May I’d had enough, and asked my GP for HRT.

He started me on continuous Utrogestan each night and 2 pumps of Oestrogel every day - to be increased if required. 3 months later the hot sweats had become less frequent and less severe but were still there, so I increased to 3, then 4 pumps and by the end of September they had all gone.

However, I was still experiencing the brain fog as bad as ever, along with low energy and libido. After blood tests my GP confirmed Testosterone was slightly low and prescribed 1 pump of Tostran every 2 days.

By December I noticed my libido, alertness and energy levels were back up and I felt great! However I think some of the Testosterone converted to oestrogen, causing a bleed at the end of December. I was advised that this was probably due to an imbalance – not enough progesterone, and to take 2 Utrogestan to counterbalance the 4 pumps of Oestrogel.

The bleeding stopped within a week, and I have settled back to 1 Utrogestan and 3 pumps of Oestrogel. However, I have been experiencing extremely painful breasts which ironically put me off the exercise and sex that the Tostran is helping with!

My own GP wasn’t available so I saw another GP who told me to take painkillers and has booked me in next month for a mammogram for the breast pain and vaginal scan for the breakthrough bleeding.

However, I’m wondering if the breast pain is due to an increase in breast density caused by high oestrogen – I put on a stone when my periods stopped and then another 10lb after I started HRT. I daren’t drop back down to 2 pumps of Oestrogel in case my night sweats return – the broken sleep really affected my job.

discogirl

Re: Extremely Painful Breasts when Introducing Testosterone.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 06:41:56 PM »

hi

im cant advice on testosterone as im not on it. however i increased my gel beginning of dec to 4 pumps and sore swollen breasts is a side effect of the increase in gel and it should settle down xxx

Charliesunnysky

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 12:13:22 PM »

Thank you! Hope yours sort itself out too  :) .

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 01:37:59 PM »

Yes it can be caused by increasing oestrogen but it usually settles so might be worth persevering for a bit longer. If it's too sore you could reduce by half a pump. I haven't heard of breast pain being caused by testosterone. It will only be converted if you are deficient in oestrogen, if your meno symptoms haven't returned your oestrogen levels should be OK.

Emsie

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 03:25:15 PM »

Hey.

Sorry I can’t answer your question, but I have just started testosterone and wondered how quick it took effect for you?

I am only 2 weeks in. My whole well being is rubbish as moment, can’t concentrate etc etc. and so tired, with anxiety.

I am trying to get progesterone right too.

Thanks xx