Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Does taking Utrogestan vaginally prevent it causing acid reflux?  (Read 522 times)

CherryC

Hi, another question please...
I have been suffering from acid reflux (or technically silent reflux I believe) - I have been taking Utrogestan orally (and before that Provera for a little while) and taking anything orally seems to be making the silent reflux worse.  I was given Omeprazole for a month and have now finished this - it helped a bit but I don't really want to take it long term. 
I used to take Utrogestan vaginally but switched to orally to see if it helped more with the positive calming effect of Progesterone but can't remember if I still had the reflux issue.
Can anyone tell me if taking it vaginally has prevented reflux or has it continued?
Thank you for any help. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does taking Utrogestan vaginally prevent it causing acid reflux?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 02:19:41 PM »

I've fortunately not required HRT other than for VA.

I do get reflux - even prior to peri-menopause.  Milk of Magnesia helps as does Omprazolol in the mornings.  Hopefully some1 with sensible advice will B along  ::)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 02:48:38 PM »

Taking it vaginally avoids digestive issues so you should get no reflux that way.

CherryC

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 02:42:34 PM »

Thank you, I'm going to give it another go vaginally to see if I can avoid the acid reflux.  Does anyone know if Utrogestan still has a calming effect in general if taken vaginally as opposed to orally?