Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ovestin and high blood pressure?  (Read 911 times)

Mousie

Ovestin and high blood pressure?
« on: January 14, 2023, 10:00:17 AM »

Can I ask advice please?
Got to see the dr and she prescribed ovestin for internal application (I have bladder prolapse and VA).
Took first full dose Thursday night and next morning felt nauseous and my blood pressure was high (148/94). I don't suffer from high BP. By afternoon it was back to normali.
Friday night decided to take only half dose. This morning (Sat) no nausea but BP high again (149/97).
Being weekend should I continue? Is it something that happens through the adjustment period and my bp will normalise?
Should I continue with bp checks and let dr know if it continues?
Is there an alternative if I can't continue?
Apologies for questions!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovestin and high blood pressure?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 10:20:01 AM »

Morning.  Do U routinely take your BP at a specific time each day?

Whilst 1 can feel low BP it is unusual to be aware of BP rises and falls during the day.

It mayB that worrying about VA treatment could be triggering this .  I suggest talking to a pharmacist or getting your BP monitored by a practitioner regularly for 10 days.

How is the VA feeling?  I've had 'ovestin' for many years with success. 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 10:20:10 AM »

What a shame ovestin has caused you high blood pressure. If you are unable to take it there is an alternative cream, estraiol cream.

Mousie

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 11:21:16 AM »

My husband has to take his BP regularly for the dr so we have a machine at home. When I was feeling under the weather yesterday morning he suggested taking it. I then did it later in the afternoon to see if it changed as I felt better.
Given its weekend I thought I'd continue until Monday and see.

Thanks Flossiecake for the suggestion of an alternative! I was wondering what the next step might be if I was taken off it.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 12:00:40 PM »

My husband has to take his BP regularly for the dr so we have a machine at home. When I was feeling under the weather yesterday morning he suggested taking it. I then did it later in the afternoon to see if it changed as I felt better.
Given its weekend I thought I'd continue until Monday and see.

Thanks Flossiecake for the suggestion of an alternative! I was wondering what the next step might be if I was taken off it.

You are welcome. :)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 01:14:19 PM »

And Yes you can certainly ask advice about anything and everything  ;).  Experiences shared can be really useful.

What were your symptoms of 'high' BP?  DH has white coat syndrome so we have a self test machine here. 

Mousie

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 04:12:04 PM »

:)

I was feeling a bit spaced out not completely there but also that my heart was racing. Same feeling both mornings.
Its probably a co-incidence and as you say could be due to everything that's happening...I do feel like I've mentally been hit by a truck with discovering VA and Prolapse! I've also been constantly reading to inform myself.
I'll monitor my BP and see how it goes anyway as it is high. Crikey when I was in my 30s my old Dr used to say he would kill for a blood pressure reading like mine  ;D I just don't recognise myself anymore!  ::) :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 04:15:21 PM »

It's The Change  ::)

Try to take the best of 3 readings in the morning and again in the afternoon. 

Mousie

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2023, 04:29:26 PM »

Thanks CLKD  - will do!

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2023, 05:15:54 PM »

Let us know?