Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vaginal Estradiol Migraine Tinnitus etc  (Read 567 times)

KaraShannon

Vaginal Estradiol Migraine Tinnitus etc
« on: January 11, 2023, 01:56:08 AM »

Hi everyone

Tonight I used just a quarter of vaginal estradiol after being off it for around 5 - 6 weeks, mainly because I was getting migrainous symptoms, tinnitus and also postural hypotension when using it. 

I was also getting that a bit more generally but it's improved since they lowered my estradiol patch. 

I thought now my patch was lowered that perhaps I could 'cope' with some vaginal estradiol and cut it into a quarter to just give it a go. 

An hour later I stood up out of my seat and the familiar head pounding began, the ringing in the ears is happening, etc.  It's not too bad, but there have been times in the past where it's been bad, but I think that might be because I was already on too much estradiol.

Has anyone else had this reaction, particular to vaginal estradiol?  I want to use it because I get mild prolapse symptoms sometimes.  To be honest they come and go though even though I've been off it for a while. 

Is there an alternative for keeping oestrogen levels good in the pelvic region or is it only these pessaries.  They are predictable every time.  I know it's not supposed to go into the blood stream, but the symptoms are definitely happening for me.

Thanks for any advice / experience, etc.  :)

Joaniepat

Re: Vaginal Estradiol Migraine Tinnitus etc
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 07:29:33 AM »

You could try estriol instead of estradiol. Ovestin contains estriol.
JP x

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 07:01:05 PM »

You could try estriol instead of estradiol. Ovestin contains estriol.
JP x

Thanks Joaniepat

So it's possible someone could tolerate one over the other?  I didn't know.

I actually did well on that quarter in the end, I slept really well and was fine the next day.  Whether it's enough for what it's designed for I don't know though.  As for the sleeping well, again, they say it's such a low dose and doesn't get in the blood stream, but I always sleep well on the night I use it.  It's definitely happening everytime, like the migraine and tinnitus, but it seems I don't get that with a quarter tablet, hopefully just the good effects. 

Time will tell I'm taking another tonight  :)

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 07:49:58 PM »

Hi KaraShannon,

I don't really know if some people tolerate vaginal estriol better than estradiol when it comes to migraine, tinnitus, and non-VA symptoms, but thought it might be worth a shot!

It sounds like things might be settling a bit though, and maybe it would be a good idea to continue with the quarter tablet for a while and gradually work your way up to a full one. There's always estriol to fall back on if that doesn't work.

Good luck 🤞.

JP x

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 09:24:52 PM »

Thanks JP x