Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Spotting  (Read 1280 times)

Kirstychase1974

Spotting
« on: January 09, 2023, 12:49:52 PM »

Hi I’m new here and just wanted to say hi and ask about something that’s been bothering me. I’m 49 years old and always had extremely heavy periods these started to become irregular about 4 years ago. However over the past year I’ve missed cycles up to 80 days in between. The last one I’m currently on is 75 days late. My question is is that I’ve had extremely light brown spotting for the past 5 days and am due to go on holiday this Friday has anyone experienced this and assumed the spotting is the period due? I’ve also had cramps throughout with just a few days without them now and again. I’m so paranoid that I could have a bad period at anytime and really wanted to get some advice as this holiday is an active one and would ruin it completely if this happens.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Spotting
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 01:03:08 PM »

Hi!  Take plenty of pads and wet wipes in case a period arrives, as well as disposal bags and pain relief.  I found 'feminax' helped, to be taken 2 days B4 a period is due.  MayB ask your pharmacist for advice?

My periods waxed and waned for several years.  I would miss months then get back into a routine.  Throughout my menstruating years I would have a heavy bleed with intense cramps, followed by a couple of days without, then a brown stain - red blood is fresh, brown has been held back - probably due to not enough hormones!  I also had an itch high up at that time. 

Cramps will be based on your hormone levels. 

Send us a post card from your holiday ;-).  Is a friend going with you for support?

Kirstychase1974

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 01:19:43 PM »

I do have someone going with me thank goodness. It’s just the not knowing that’s the problem at my worst I have to change every half hour with the plus tampax and that includes a pad in case of flooding and booked 3 excursions where toilets won’t be readily available. Have got a nurses call Wednesday to see if period delay tablets might work but not sure that’s wise as the spotting might have been my period 🤷‍♀️ still have lots of cramping though.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 01:27:51 PM »

Perhaps take some pain relief today to ease symptoms. 

I could never wear Tampax as my vagina is too short.  Apparently  ::)

MayB 'old lady' products would suffice rather than period products? 

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 01:48:18 PM »

I don't think anyone can give you the reassurance you're looking for because it isn't possible to tell. It might be that this is all you'll get or it might be that it's a period and is taking some time to start properly. Sorry  :(. Hope you have a good holiday and fingers crossed this is all you'll get.

Kirstychase1974

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 08:05:10 PM »

Ok so got through my trip with very light spotting. Now still have period pains and breast pain starting. Had some fresh blood spotting Monday and today but now back to the brown stuff on and off. 87 days without a period and have no idea what to expect next 😩