Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A question for post meno ladies  (Read 2631 times)

Gilla999

A question for post meno ladies
« on: January 08, 2023, 06:37:19 PM »

I realise there will be a huge amount of variation, but I'm just interested to know how long it roughly took between the time your periods started becoming irregular (ie. anovulatory cycles) and you stopped having periods altogether?

I've read a lot of conflicting statistics and was just interested to hear some real life feedback from the lovely lot here!

Songbird

Re: A question for post meno ladies
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 07:02:33 PM »

I would say about 3 years Gill...

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 07:05:36 PM »

Wow, OK thanks Songbird! I've been on HRT for nearly 2 years as a result of falling Estrogen levels, but (to my knowledge) only started skipping ovulating in July, which has sent me into a new batch of fresh hell  ;D. Was just curious how long this next phase tends to last for before my hormones accept defeat  :)

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 10:32:49 PM »

It was quite a few years of irregular, going a few months without a period then back to regular for a while. I thought I'd finally finished then had another period after 15 months of nothing, then another one 8 months after that before finally stopping altogether.

Gilla999

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 08:31:24 AM »

Thanks Diedre for your feedback, much appreciated. Sounds like a few years is still to be expected then!

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 03:19:55 PM »

Hi Gilla999

Can't quite remember but I think it was a couple of years xxx (maybe 2yrs)

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 05:55:30 PM »

Hello Gilla999

I think most women have irregular periods before the final one. That is certainly what I was expecting but instead I went from normal though heavy periods to none at all overnight lol.

I do recall that after six months period free I had some spotting and at the expected time so I assumed that another period was on its way but it never materialised.

I think this demonstrates the range of experience but also shows a sort of tailing off even when the Meno hits you like a train lol.

Wishing you well and take care.

K

Shellyjayne

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 06:59:42 PM »

Yes was about 2 years for me too. But that was from them going really heavy to stopping all together.
Found post menopause brought worse symptoms for me!

Gilla999

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 07:13:13 PM »

Thank you ladies, I'm really interested to hear of all your different experiences. As you say Kathleen it really does show the variance (by the way my Mum also just had her periods stop one day... and can't understand what all this "Peri menopause nonsense" is about - but that's another story  ;D ). I did read that it happens that way for 1 in 10 women.

I guess I'm searching fome some optimism that this hell might soon be over for me, but I realise it's likely I have a few years left yet, despite being on HRT for nearly two years now.

Please do feel free to keep sharing your experience of the transition as I'm interested to hear  :)

Debbie

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2023, 11:40:22 AM »

Hi I'm gone through peri menapause and doctor as put me on evorel sequi. I've been having a peoid on week 4 as regular. This last month I have had 2 period in the space of 2 weeks they are quite heavy and painful. Is this normal

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2023, 02:14:56 PM »

Similar to Kathleen.
I had a couple of years of regular but very heavy periods with occasional flooding.Then they just stopped dead, followed immediately by the most horrendous flushes with drenching sweats day and night.
 :(

Dierdre

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2023, 05:56:59 PM »

Thank you ladies, I'm really interested to hear of all your different experiences. As you say Kathleen it really does show the variance (by the way my Mum also just had her periods stop one day... and can't understand what all this "Peri menopause nonsense" is about - but that's another story  ;D ). I did read that it happens that way for 1 in 10 women.

I guess I'm searching fome some optimism that this hell might soon be over for me, but I realise it's likely I have a few years left yet, despite being on HRT for nearly two years now.

Please do feel free to keep sharing your experience of the transition as I'm interested to hear  :)

Maybe you'll take after your Mum and stopped suddenly.

Gilla999

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2023, 06:36:10 PM »

Thanks Deirdre, I really do hope so. The hell has already been going on for 3 years and it often feels never ending xx

Katejo

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2023, 02:13:36 PM »

I realise there will be a huge amount of variation, but I'm just interested to know how long it roughly took between the time your periods started becoming irregular (ie. anovulatory cycles) and you stopped having periods altogether?

I've read a lot of conflicting statistics and was just interested to hear some real life feedback from the lovely lot here!
Roughly 2 to 3 years. Think I had 2 gaps of about 7 to 8 months before they finally stopped.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2023, 02:18:22 PM »

My periods waxed and waned for several years ......... by the end of 2002 I noticed that I hadn't seen them for at least 12 months. 
Pages: [1] 2