Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Insomnia  (Read 499 times)

Obobal

Insomnia
« on: January 07, 2023, 04:40:32 AM »

I was on the evorel sequi patches but had problems finding somewhere they would stay stuck the entire time. (My pelvis was great but would rip the thin skin over my section scar when removing) I even tried Putting tegaderm over them to see if that helped but I think it just meant I sweated even more and I ended up not getting anything from the patches. As the tegaderm stuck but not the patch underneath it.

I was moved to oestrogel (2pumps at night) and utrogestan for 14 days and it worked for the first few
Months but now I’m really struggling with insomnia. I’ve always had insomnia for the week leading up to my period since they started but now it’s almost 2 weeks before and while I bleed.

I also have bad luteal low moods which is new.  . I know it’s hormonal as it goes as quick as it comes on. I had it regularly pre HRT. I’ve been on HRT almost 2 years.

I’m still regular with periods so I’m reluctant to up the oestrogel dose in case it stops working when I stop my periods. I’m wondering if there are smaller patches than the evorel sequi ones in case that maybe helps.

My GP is worse than useless. Can anyone advise me on what might help? Or what I can do to alleviate this insomnia beyond sleep hygiene (cos believe me I know all that stuff)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Insomnia
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 09:25:27 AM »

Hi!   insomnia and low moods accompany peri-menopause and can be difficult to deal with.

Hopefully someone will be along with advice  :welcomemm:  U could put the product names into the search box [ individually ] to see what threads pop up.  Make notes ;-).

sheila99

Re: Insomnia
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 10:42:00 AM »

I had problems with evorel patches not sticking but I find estradot does and it's much smaller. Some people have reported supply problems so might be worth enquiring before you switch (my independent pharmacy has no problems). They are oestrogen only so you will still need a separate prog. I think the insomnia is more likely to be a lack of oestrogen though so I would try increasing it.