Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel sequi short menstrual cycle  (Read 434 times)

Fusseh

Evorel sequi short menstrual cycle
« on: January 08, 2023, 06:25:46 PM »

I have been on evorel sequi for 4 years. I am 50 and perimenopausal. I have had relatively regular withdrawal bleeds over that time until 4 months ago when bleeds have come at around 22, 21 and 19 days. I realise things are very volatile during peri, but wondering how to manage the evorel sequi. Should I continue to start a new pack on day 1 of period? Should I plough on with 28 day cycle of patches? Keen to hear from others who have experience
TIA

IceLolly

Re: Evorel sequi short menstrual cycle
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 12:06:00 PM »

Hi Fusseh, I am hoping someone comes along to help answer this because I have the same problem. I started Evorel Sequi just over a year ago and my cycles come anywhere between 12 and 32 days. I've also had spotting in between, before and after periods. I had a scan and was told about a polyp that I am waiting to have removed but I really don't think all that is down to a polyp. I get all my symptoms from before starting hrt, the only thing that hrt has helped is my low mood. So I'm left wondering...is the hrt being absorbed, is the dose high enough to override my natural cycle or do I just switch to another hrt? I'm going to wait until the polyp is gone, watch for 2 or 3 cycles and then ask my GP, who will just ask me what I want to do (unhelpful)!

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 02:01:21 PM »

For me (before I went on hrt) the short cycles only lasted about 4 months before going longer again so I would stick to the normal hrt cycle. If it's regularly out of step you can adjust the patches but when your own cycle is variable it won't help. I have a longer than normal natural cycle and I solved the problem by switching to utrogeston and stating it 2 days after I ovulated so the two cycles were in sync. This may be an option if you can tell but many people can't.

Fusseh

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 02:14:25 PM »

Icelolly-your cycles sound more bizarre than mine! At least mine are regularly irregular...how old are u? Evorel sequi certainly hasn't cured all my symptoms either, but I feel I get enough benefit to keep plugging away. I know some do have issues with absorption with patches, but I don't think that's my issue. A year is a good length of time so I think your plan is a good one

Sheila99 thanks for the advice.

I decided I was going to start new hrt pack and reset as tho day 1.   I felt like my own cycle has broken through  so I am going with it!

I'm a bit surprised there isnt more official advice for this problem...