Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sequential HRT, bleeding stopped  (Read 591 times)

WobblyNic

• First Flush
Sequential HRT, bleeding stopped
« on: January 06, 2023, 12:35:31 PM »

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 08:17:20 PM by WobblyNic »

Dotty

Re: Sequential HRT, bleeding stopped
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 12:46:41 PM »

Hi if you take Utrogestan for two weeks the normal dose is 200mg…is there any reason why you only take 100mg? x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 01:26:57 PM »

You could ask for a scan to check the thickness if you're worried about it. Since my own hormones have just about packed up I bleed roughly 1 in 3 cycles so I had a scan which showed it hadn't built up enough. How long since you've had a bleed? It might be that ready for a conti regime.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 01:47:16 PM »

I don't think you need to worry just yet. It's noticeable when I have an hrt induced bleed it's 3 days instead of 5, very much lighter and without the pmt. If it's worrying you you could see your gp but personally I'd wait for a third missed bleed.

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 01:52:22 PM »

Hi not everyone bleeds on a Sequi regime. I think the statistics say that 20% don’t bleed.

VanillaLover

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 03:35:04 PM »

Hello, I’m interested in this too. Do you normally get the bleeds at the correct time (ie after stopping utrogestan?).

Sounds like your oestrogen level has gone so low that your lining is no longer building up.

I have the issue that I still have my own period whenever it comes regardless of taking utrogestan. I’m paranoid that I’m not absorbing the utro for some reason and my oestrogen (50mg) is going unopposed. Currently bleeding every 21 days for 7+ days so I guess not an immediate issue for me! The bleeds are getting lighter and with no period cramps though despite being for so long so hopefully I’m approaching the situation you find yourself in! I missed a period entirely over summer too.

I would leave it another month and maybe ask for doctor advice then. If I start missing more I intend to do the same and hopefully get reassured.

How old are you by the way?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 03:37:46 PM by VanillaLover »