Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on Evorel conti 50 after 1 year  (Read 472 times)

Jett

Bleeding on Evorel conti 50 after 1 year
« on: January 04, 2023, 10:06:57 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have been on Evorel Conti 50 patches for a year, I started last January and it has helped me tremendously.

I had a bad spell with weeks of bleeding in May, the doctor said to stick with it or get the Mirena - I stuck with it and it has settled down until now.

I am due to book my annual HRT review anyway but the bleeding which has just started is freaking me out and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this? I also have fibroids so it could be them rearing from the depths.

If anyone else has experienced this I would really appreciate if you could let me know if it’s not unusual.  Health anxiety at bedtime - always a joy.

Thanks for taking the time to read this  :-*

Jxx

sheila99

Re: Bleeding on Evorel conti 50 after 1 year
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 10:11:47 PM »

I would tell your gp who should send you for a scan. If you have fibroids that could be the cause, hrt can make them grow. Were you meno (1 year without a bleed) before going on hrt? Just wondering if it was too soon for a conti regime. Best to get checked out imo.

Jett

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 05:57:12 PM »

Thanks so much for your reply Sheila, I have made an GP appointment for a couple of weeks time so I will update what she says in case the same happens to anyone else.
Xx

Jett

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 09:52:54 PM »

Apologies Sheila I have just realised I didn’t answer your question.  I think I was close to meno but it was basically 11 months but then I tried estrogen only patch with progesterone tablet and the estrogen only made me bleed so not sure if I am post meno or not. I was having a period every 6 months then it got even longer 8 months then 11.  But can’t say if I would have bled naturally or not because of the starting to try HRT.  I went on combined to stop the estrogen only part of the cycle aggravating the fibroids and it was better. I am 52.

Thanks again xx