Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Facial hair  (Read 1746 times)

MissDaisy

• First Flush
Facial hair
« on: January 05, 2023, 09:12:28 AM »

I was put into a forced menopause at the age of 35 due to a full hysterectomy. I have been on patches for 18 years. I am currently on estradiol 75mg patches. I have noticed that my facial hair has gone really bad( so much so I think I could actually grow a full on beard). Could this be due to the patches or something else? Obviously I don't produce any estrogen myself as I don't have any ovaries.

Flossieteacake

Re: Facial hair
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 09:49:25 AM »

Hello miss daisy and welcome. Have you spoken to your doctor about this? I am sorry. I know how distressing it is to have facial hair.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 10:15:28 AM »

Morning.  I've always had a dark hairy top lip, worse B4 a period.  I used creams for years, then resorted to tweezers. Really satisfying ;-).

R the hairs on your chin below the surface, i.e. black dots or do they grow ....... I constantly rub my fingers over my chin area (OCD) and have to get the tweezers when ever I feel anything !  Hormone upheaval can cause a lot of hair, i.e. in polycystic ovary syndrome. 

I'll bump my thread "My Chin!" so that you can browse. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 04:18:39 PM by CLKD »

jellybeanmilly

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 01:09:55 PM »

I think I have been peri menopausal from my mid 30s and got put on HRT at 42 after seeking help privately. I have random hair growing in random places and have been having laser hair removal. It's taken about 6 sessions so far but it is improving. My advice would be that you do it before you go grey as the laser cannot be done on grey or white hair and is less effective on blonde and ginger hair. My thinking was that now it's thre it's never going to go away so I might as well zap it and get rid of it while I can. Good luck with your journey!  :)

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 02:01:04 PM »

Are you on testosterone as that can increase body hair?

Zoe

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 04:14:22 PM »

Hi, sometimes there can be more facial hair when oestrogen is far higher than progesterone because progesterone is anti-androgenic. I am guessing you won't be taking any progesterone since you had a hysterectomy.

You could ask your doctor if you could try some utrogestan (micronised progesterone) orally and see if that helps. Or reduce the oestrogen dose, although I presume you need that dose. Alternatively, the only solution is to get it treated with electrolysis or regular hair removal.