Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: VA and bleeding  (Read 1130 times)

AnneS

VA and bleeding
« on: January 05, 2023, 03:09:17 PM »

Hi
Just wondered if anyone has experienced bleeding due to VA ? I've had some light bleeding after 12mths on Evorel Conti and about to change my hrt regime because of this but I have been lapse using my estriol for VA and now wondering if this could have contributed to the bleeding? I've been otherwise really well on Conti and just feeling a bit nervous about changing ( Evorel patches and continuous Utrogestan) .... thanks again !!! X

Flossieteacake

Re: VA and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 03:14:48 PM »

Bleeding can occur due to how thin the skin is. Things like wiping a little roughing after going to the bathroom can cause the skin to tear. I am sure once you continue to use the estradoil daily the skin will heal.

If the light bleeding is not troublesome then can you stay on conti as you feel well on it?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 05:04:24 PM »

As skin thins it can tear.  Get some estriol up there now and another dose this evening, then nightly.  Some find using 'sylc' or 'yes' products on the outer labia, or 'ovestin', is really soothing.

Don't change your overall regime until you have used a VA treatment, nightly, for at least 3 months.  Let us know.

AnneS

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 08:05:30 PM »

Ah thankyou CLKD... I really appreciate your advice ! Although I had bleeding earlier on with the Evorel Conti ... it had really settled ... I was feeling much better and although a scan in May showed a thickened womb lining of 5.5 , a subsequent hysteroscopy came back all clear ! I just feel anxious starting something new if I don't really need to ! Fingers crossed the estriol does the trick and the bleeding stops ! Thanks again xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 10:18:56 AM »

U could try a moisturiser as well, ladies get on with 'sylc' or 'yes' products as well as vaginal atrophy treatment.  If U think of paper cuts, that's what can happen in the vagina : out of sight but not out of mind  >:( OUCH!

Let us know how you get on?