Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Night sweats?  (Read 709 times)

Vicky81

Night sweats?
« on: January 03, 2023, 07:53:23 AM »

Hello all,

Just hoping for some advice, which may seem obvious....but hey ho!

So i resorted back to using HRT in the form of Everol patches, starting at 50, then i went to 62.5mg (cutting up another) to go slowly, now been on 75mg for dead on two weeks.

It may be me? But i could swear that my night sweats have been a bit more intense the last 3/4 evening/early hours?? Plus, i have been extra tired (not fatigued) just more sleepy/drowsy feeling - again is this side effects?

Is this side effects? Or do i need higher?

Since being on the combined pill, then the patch, my psychological symptoms have improved dramatically i must say....its just the above i am confused about?

If any of you expert ladies could advise i would be so grateful xxx

Flossieteacake

Re: Night sweats?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 08:57:00 AM »

Hello Vicky. It is wonderful to hear your psycological symptoms have lifted. It sounds like things have improved so much to when you first joined the forum.😀

When you were on 62.5 how were your symptoms? It could be that is a nice dose for you. Not everybody needs the dosage the patches come in.

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 09:36:23 AM »

Hi Flossie!!!

Thanks so much and hope you are well? x

So on 62.5mg patch, i was good, mood and all that good, just still getting the night sweats.....hence the reason i moved it up a notch....what do you (or others) think? xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 09:37:36 AM »

I am also feeling slightly dizzy....like me eyes move quick from the side upon standing/walking...only minor though....i have had this at times

Plus my extreme dry mouth is back....

VanillaLover

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 09:51:22 AM »

Hello again, glad you are feeling better in general!

I’m starting to think that the night sweats can be to do with too high OR too low oestrogen to be honest.

My hormones are really swinging all over the place at the moment. Just finished an 11 day period for example. So now on cycle day 13. My boobs are now so painful and swollen, like pregnancy type severity! Clearly high oestrogen. And my night sweats have come back this week. So I’m linking the night sweats to that. I also get a bit wired, vivid scary dreams etc which I associate with high oestrogen.

What I’m trying to say is that I think that at your age etc you need to be looking at symptoms far longer term than you are doing at the moment really. Variations caused by your own cycle will be big and they only seem to get bigger as time goes on!

I do wonder whether my HRT is making things worse with regards to high oestrogen symptoms but it has helped a lot of things and the high oestrogen symptoms are not all the time, they just seem to spike up sometimes with whatever my own nonsense my own hormones are doing. So I’m sticking with the HRT for now.

That’s probably confused you more I know!

BTW I get the dizziness too. It’s annoying! Seems to come and go. It generally improved with HRT, which surprised me, but I still get it sometimes. I just have to accept it for the moment and hope it settles down eventually I suppose.

Stella2

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 09:14:20 AM »

Hi Vicky,

I am not sure what to recommend regarding night sweats. I think 2 weeks are not generally enough to see the result of the change in dosage. I just wanted to let you know that your Utrogestan (if you are taking it) might need to be adjusted when on 75. I was on continuous patch raised from 50 to 75 (but I was cutting a bit off) and had a breakthrough bleed because I was taking only 100mg Utrogestan.