Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Question for patch users / switched from Lenzetto  (Read 563 times)

Gilla999

Question for patch users / switched from Lenzetto
« on: January 02, 2023, 11:19:56 AM »

After using Lenzetto successfully for 1.5 years, over the last 3 or 4 months it has been causing an increasingly worse allergic rash on my inner arms where I apply it, so I've reulctantly accepted that I needed to switch to something else, and today have started the patch (Estradot). After so much upheaval already, I am very, very nervous at switching as Lenzetto worked so well for me.

The dosing with Lenzetto is so varied depending on where you look, so getting an equivalent dose of anything else is totally hit and miss, and I am uber sensitive to relatively small changes in Estrogen. I'm currently on 3.66 sprays (don't ask!) of Lenzetto and have gone with a switch to a 50mcg patch. I figured (for me personally) it's easier to go up than go down and I should know fairly soon if it's too low, but all feedback on that equivalent dose is welcomed!!

My question is, I've used 2 x 25mcg patches as I had them here already and I noticed that they are kind of rippling and don't look fully pressed onto the skin, even when I've been pressing them down (which may or may not have something to do with my rolls of fat in that area!). Is this normal / does it mean absorption will be less? Any other tips for an anxious new patch user?

Flossieteacake

Re: Question for patch users / switched from Lenzetto
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 03:18:24 PM »

My patches always wrinkle or come off so I cover them with a Tegaderm dressing. I buy mine from Amazon. I think they are wonderful as I cannot seem to get patches to stick to my skin without one. :)

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 04:12:44 PM »

Thanks Flossie and Molly for your comments! Molly maybe it's a weight thing, but I don't really have any thin skin below the waist  ;D unless I did the hip area - does it have to be on the front of the body below the waist?

Flossing I've just googled - think I'm going to buy some of those dressings, great idea - thank you! X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 04:25:29 PM »

Thanks Flossie and Molly for your comments! Molly maybe it's a weight thing, but I don't really have any thin skin below the waist  ;D unless I did the hip area - does it have to be on the front of the body below the waist?

Flossing I've just googled - think I'm going to buy some of those dressings, great idea - thank you! X

You are welcome. I find patches stick best on my lower back. I also do not have any thin skin. ;)

Gilla999

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 04:31:46 PM »

Interesting! I didn't know it was OK to apply on your back? That would be better for me too I think!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 05:32:43 PM »

Interesting! I didn't know it was OK to apply on your back? That would be better for me too I think!

I read you can apply it anywhere below the waist so I assume lower back is okay. They will not stay on my thighs.

Stella2

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 09:01:44 AM »

I looked at the video Davina posted of where she puts her estradot patch and I put it there, slightly on the back above the hip. It sticks very well. It's important that the skin is clear of any cream, the best to wash before sticking with a soap rather than shower gel. When you stick it on, put your hand over it for 30 sec.

Ellie O

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 09:35:30 AM »

I use hairdryer for few seconds, when I stick new patch. They stick perfectly.