Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Feel like I’ve been heard! UPDATE  (Read 757 times)

milkandtwo

Feel like I’ve been heard! UPDATE
« on: December 21, 2022, 11:02:27 AM »

Hi all

I recently posted a long list of early menopause symptoms, and explained that because I’m 32, I felt my GP (female) dismissed my concerns.

I just wanted to share that I spoke to a really nice (male) GP who listened to me. When I mentioned early menopause, he said “Well yes, I didn’t want to alarm you, but that’s something we should look into”. Hearing those words brought me such a relief! So tomorrow I have a blood test which will check my hormones (he mentioned FSH and testosterone, along with some others).

He also said he will prescribe me “a sort of hormonal medication that can try to reset the menstrual cycle”. I have no idea what this is until tomorrow, but he said I should take it regardless of my blood test results.

Thank you to those of you who replied to my first post. I’ll keep you all updated.
……………………………………
UPDATE: My FSH, LH and prolactin results came back normal. I believed GP was testing my testosterone and progesterone, but there was nothing on their system. As much as I’m glad my results are normal, I’m left very confused about what’s going on with my body. Feel free to look over my other posts, but the main things that are bothering me are:

Irregular periods, lasting up to 16 days

Pulsatile tinnitus

Head pressure

Muscle twitching all over

Regular diarrhoea

Acne

Internal shaking sensation

Insomnia

Anxiety/health anxiety due to the above.

There is a definite link between my symptoms worsening when I’m due/on my period.

Is there anything else I should be getting tested? I’m at a loss for what’s causing this but do feel it’s hormonal because of the patterns.

Could estrogen/progesterone be playing a part in this? I’m still awaiting the results from a private test for those.

As previously mentioned, my thyroid is fine, and all other bloods normal. I know there are many of you who are very knowledgeable when it comes to hormones, so I’d appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you x
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 08:32:03 PM by milkandtwo »

Dotty

Re: Feel like I’ve been heard!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 11:09:31 AM »

Lovely to hear and thanks for letting us know. x

Flossieteacake

Re: Feel like I’ve been heard!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 11:14:07 AM »

This is such a relief. It really means so much to be listened to. I hope your appointment goes well.😀

CatR

Re: Feel like I’ve been heard! UPDATE
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 10:30:26 PM »

Hi milkandtwo, I’ve been really struggling since July with wide spread muscle twitching. I get it on and off all day, generally when I’m resting. I had a brief spell a couple of months ago when they subsided significantly. Had the coil fitted on the 11/11, two weeks later I had what I classed as a period at which time the twitches started again and have got gradually worse. All my blood work was normal. I’m 42 years old and had all manner of different symptoms for around 2 years now. This twitching has been far the most persistent and will not go away. So fed up with it and anxiety high thinking I have a terminal illness.

Hurdity

Re: Feel like I’ve been heard! UPDATE
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 09:40:12 AM »

Hi milkandtwo

For diagnosing premature ovarian failure the recommendation is to carry out TWO blood tests (of FSH etc) 6 weeks apart, although the info says this should be done only if FSH is raised.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/pm-investigations.php

I'm not sure that anything is gained by measuring oestrogen and progesterone levels because these vary greatly with your cycle.

Re thyroid - do you have details of your results from this? There are members on this forum who are very knowledgeable on this so it might be worth checking what they are.. Thyroid function is notoriously badly treated on NHS and sometimes results too easliy dimissed as "normal". I only say this because you mentioned about being cold, which is a classic symptom.

Do persist in seeking a reason for your symptoms but it sounds like resetting your cycle might be a good idea too? Is the doc suggesting a combi pill?

Hurdity x