Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding during 14 days of Utrogestan  (Read 901 times)

Margymoo

• First Flush
Bleeding during 14 days of Utrogestan
« on: October 23, 2022, 11:55:28 AM »

I have been on HRT for 8 months, changed regimes a few times due to bleeding. Most recent change was from patches/Utrogestan to gel/Utrogestan, taking Utrogestan for 14 days in September.  Last month I had the withdrawal bleed the second week after stopping Utrogestan, this month bleeding day 9 of taking Utrogestan, I will continue taking till day 14 but is this normal?

sheila99

Re: Bleeding during 14 days of Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 02:35:27 PM »

If you're peri this isn't uncommon. I found my own cycle was always stronger than the hrt one. If it continues you may want to adjust the utro cycle to be back in step with your own. I'm not sure continuing utro does any good, you're bleeding anyway so possibly not much point. Usual dose is 12 days utro (days 15-26).

Ellie O

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 03:03:35 PM »

Hi. Yes, continue Utrogestan for at least 12 days a cycle. Bleeding during Utrogestan is very common, so don’t worry.
I always bled before finishing Utrogestan.

Ecl

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 12:33:20 AM »

Hi Margymoo,

I am on patches and sequential utrogestan. If I am going to have a period in a month it will always be on day 8-9 of the utrogestan phase and never have another bleed after the utrogestan. As long as this is your norm, that is ok.
I tried stopping the utrogestan when the bleed started and counting it as day 1 but my next bleed started again on day 9 of utrogestan so it didn’t align my period. Sometimes I miss a bleed or two but again I think that is normal for me and I take my 12 days of utrogestan regardless as that is the tried and tested dose.
Hope it helps