Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Va/painful sex remedies  (Read 706 times)

Weeloz

Va/painful sex remedies
« on: December 30, 2022, 07:07:17 PM »

Hi all was using ovestin as sex was painful. Seemed to helped then all of a sudden it got painful again even though I was using it everyday. Switched to vagirux everyday ovestin on outside still no good. Does anyone find they nerd other hrt like patches etc alongside these to help with va  I'm at my wits end

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Va/painful sex remedies
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 07:10:56 PM »

Sometimes other HRT is required to help, though localised vaginal atrophy treatment should be 1st choice.  Where abouts is the pain located? 

Have U read the 'bladder issues' thread?  Let us know how you get on.

Weeloz

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 08:39:01 PM »

I can't even have sex as it's too painful even when first entering its like broken glass and ripping

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 08:45:21 PM »

I can't even have sex as it's too painful even when first entering its like broken glass and ripping

Weeloz please give yourself a chance to heal. I understand how much you want to be intimate but your poor skin needs to heal first. I could not even think about having sex due to how sore I am. Your partner will understand.

Weeloz

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 08:59:52 PM »

Flossiecake how long have you been using it. I have been on it for a good few months 😕with no improvement

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 09:03:48 PM »

Flossiecake how long have you been using it. I have been on it for a good few months 😕with no improvement

Two years. :( I think I am in the minority though so please do not let my story put you off. I have used it every single day for two years without a break and sometimes twice a day. A few months is very early still. Many members on here only see improvement after one year and then they feel so much better so hang on in there. It is hard to be patient but I am sure you will get there.

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 10:33:12 PM »

With every day treatment of Vagifem, Ovestin and moisturiser, it's taken a year for me to feel normal again but even then I can get the odd flare up, although never as severe as it was before treatment.

Its all about patience and letting any wounds heal which can take a long time, sex is definitely on the back burner, excuse pun!  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 10:06:03 AM »

Don't rush.  There are other ways to be intimate without penetration or touching the vagina  :vibe:

As oestrogen drops the tissues become thin and brittle.  Using VA treatment as far into the vagina as is comfy is the 1st action, as well as a mositoror (sp) several times a day.  Pat don't wipe after a wee. 

If really painful buy a 'ring' from a mobility shop so that whilst sitting the buttocks support, giving the vaginal area space below so that there is no pressure there.

Let us know how you get on.  Don't give up!  When I get the need2P I take 2 'nurofen' capsules 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow stops.