Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Balance activ pessaries and va  (Read 1276 times)

Bettystar

Balance activ pessaries and va
« on: December 23, 2022, 09:11:24 AM »

Hi has anyone had success with using balance activ pessaries and yes vm to help with va

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Balance activ pessaries and va
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 10:33:05 AM »

Morning.  Which treatment are U using for vaginal atrophy?  Due to a lack of oestrogen the body may become dry: inside and out, including the vaginal area.  Hence the requirement for appropriate HRT - usually we are prescribed 'vagifem' and/or 'ovestin'.  Both have a 2-3 weeks 'loading' application of every night, then as necessary.  Many require treatment nightly for months, some can cope with every 3rd and every 5th/6th night.

Those using 'vagifem' often find that adding a smear of 'ovestin' or Yes/Sylc products around the outer labia keeps the area moist and comfortable which is where Yes VM might help. 

When I feel the need2P I take 2 Nurofen capsules 3 times a day to stop the nip as urine flow stops.

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 11:07:27 AM »

You asked on another thread so thought I would copy what I wrote for others

My Vaginal Atrophy was too chronic for anything other than having to replace the lost oestrogen and Balance Active was completely useless.
Vagifem pessaries, Ovestin cream used topically mixed with Sylk moisturiser keeps my VA under control.

Can't see any point in mixing the two moisturisers you mention, unless someone else knows different!

Replacing the oestrogen lost was the only answer for me, moisturisers alone did not make any difference to relieving my symptoms.

losttheplot

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 02:06:35 PM »

I used balance activ gel for years to help me feel more comfortable. I also use E45 externally. I'm 16 years post meno. However I do get occasional blips when VA causes me real problems that my normal regime doesn't help. I've recently started using estroil during a particularly bad spell. I'm still using the E45 and balance activ gel too.

Cara999

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 06:16:41 PM »

I use balance active gel on nights I dint use vagifem xx