Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 4 pumps of gel where to apply it  (Read 433 times)

discogirl

4 pumps of gel where to apply it
« on: December 29, 2022, 05:53:06 PM »

im on 4 pumps of oestragel.

i was applying one pump to each limb i.e. outer upper arm and inner thigh however the PIL states that if on more than 2 pumps 2 measures should be applied to either the arm or 2 measures each on inner thigh.

yet the balance menopause video states that you should apply one pump per limb.

i really want to do this right and get the correct absorption. does anyone have any views or advice on this. thanks xx

Zoe

Re: 4 pumps of gel where to apply it
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 01:38:13 PM »

So confusing isn't it?! To be honest, it's up to you. The key is to keep it consistent. Some doctors say to use one pump per limb (not sure what extra limb you use if you need more than 4 pumps). This makes some sense because it means you have a thin layer for each pump and it dries quite quickly.

But if you find that it dries fine once you have applied 2 pumps to each arm, then also great! I use 3.5 pumps - 1.5 pumps to one arm and 2 to the other. This gives a fairly thin layer from top of arm to wrist. No issues. I get wobbly legs when I apply it to my thighs, so I don't.

discogirl

Re: 4 pumps of gel where to apply it
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 05:46:01 PM »

thanks so much for your reply zoe.

it is confusing however im following the leaflet and putting 2 on each thigh.

i spread the gel out so it dries in about 12mins. time will tell if this works or not

i dont want to split the dose as i would find it too energusing later in the day.

i hope your keeping well. take care x