Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Sore! Raw! Agony!  (Read 3452 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sore! Raw! Agony!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2023, 06:48:12 PM »

Lots of us do.  It's a small amount of active ingredient so it is OK to use as necessary until symptoms are under control.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2023, 07:11:11 PM »

CLKD thank you, I was worrying lol xx

I use Ovestin every single day and have no intensions of ever reducing it. :)

Christine49

• First Flush
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2023, 08:43:32 PM »

Could it be lichen sclerosis. I use dermovate steroid cream twice a week as a maintenance solution.

Buzzbee

• First Flush
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2023, 07:30:14 PM »

Hi I could have written this myself. I’m having the exactly the same problem. Also started evorel sequi 4 months ago and am experiencing a burning sore red outer labia more on one side than the other. Visited the doctor this week who has taken a swab to be sent off but I know it’s not thrush or bv as I don’t have any discharge. The gp has given me a steroid cream which takes the redness down but doesn’t last long and it’s soon back to burning red and sore. I’m wondering if it could be the hrt as before I started it I had some mild discomfort but nothing like this.
I have a phone call next week with gp and going to ask for vagifem and ovestin cream for the external skin.

Fingers crossed we will feel better very soon.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2023, 07:48:18 PM »

Hi I could have written this myself. I’m having the exactly the same problem. Also started evorel sequi 4 months ago and am experiencing a burning sore red outer labia more on one side than the other. Visited the doctor this week who has taken a swab to be sent off but I know it’s not thrush or bv as I don’t have any discharge. The gp has given me a steroid cream which takes the redness down but doesn’t last long and it’s soon back to burning red and sore. I’m wondering if it could be the hrt as before I started it I had some mild discomfort but nothing like this.
I have a phone call next week with gp and going to ask for vagifem and ovestin cream for the external skin.

Fingers crossed we will feel better very soon.

Hello Buzzbee and welcome. I am sorry you are in so much pain. It is great you have been reading up on the forum and know to ask for ovestin and vagifem. Do not forget to check out this thread for more tips. :)
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22886.0.html

Doodle

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2023, 02:51:44 PM »

Hi all, thankyou so much for the replies. I’m not sure about the Lichen Sclerosis. I did look into that, but after seeing pics (😦) I’m not too sure if it is that.

Just a little update. I stopped using Ovestin 10 days ago. Mainly because I noticed a significant amount was gathering in the folds of the outer labia. Exactly where the soreness was occurring. I couldn’t believe that something could be working well on the inside, but causing irritation on the outside. But…..I decided to test the rather bizarre theory, and to my amazement I’ve been healing nicely down there since stopping the Ovestin. But……I’m back to square one with the discomfort inside. But…..I have been prescribed Vagifem today (I asked for it directly). So, fingers crossed that I have better luck with this.

And another but, and it’s a big one……the doctor I saw today stopped my patches because my blood pressure was high. I can’t believe he did this. When I arrived at the docs surgery, the meno nurse was off and her appointments had been passed over to a locum doctor. He was so abrupt and wasn’t budging in his decision. Even though I was quite firm and was really trying to stand my ground, he wouldn’t write the prescription until I’ve monitored my blood pressure at home for a week and then he’d ‘look at me going back on hrt’. I’m furious and upset and after looking online, see that hrt can actually lower blood pressure. I’ve not even completed my 3 months trial yet 😢😢.

The last 3 months feel a complete waste of time. I’m concerned what the effects of such an abrupt stop will be. I can’t speak to the nurse who originally prescribed the patches until Thursday (and that’s if I can even get an appointment), plus I’m out of patches tomorrow. I take my last patch off tomorrow. I’ve also read that having high blood pressure is NOT a reason to stop HRT. It should just be monitored. I even suggested this to the doctor…..that could I please go away and monitor my blood pressure for a few days but STOP ON the HRT for now. He said no. I have to stop now. Today.

I’m in bits ☹️. My cycle will be messed up totally and by the time I get my HRT back, I’ll have had a 4+ days break, depending on if I even get another appointment this week. Things have been tough over the last few months, but I really felt things were beginning to settle down. Now this!!

Any advice? 😢

Flossieteacake

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2023, 03:00:13 PM »

Hi all, thankyou so much for the replies. I’m not sure about the Lichen Sclerosis. I did look into that, but after seeing pics (😦) I’m not too sure if it is that.

Just a little update. I stopped using Ovestin 10 days ago. Mainly because I noticed a significant amount was gathering in the folds of the outer labia. Exactly where the soreness was occurring. I couldn’t believe that something could be working well on the inside, but causing irritation on the outside. But…..I decided to test the rather bizarre theory, and to my amazement I’ve been healing nicely down there since stopping the Ovestin. But……I’m back to square one with the discomfort inside. But…..I have been prescribed Vagifem today (I asked for it directly). So, fingers crossed that I have better luck with this.

And another but, and it’s a big one……the doctor I saw today stopped my patches because my blood pressure was high. I can’t believe he did this. When I arrived at the docs surgery, the meno nurse was off and her appointments had been passed over to a locum doctor. He was so abrupt and wasn’t budging in his decision. Even though I was quite firm and was really trying to stand my ground, he wouldn’t write the prescription until I’ve monitored my blood pressure at home for a week and then he’d ‘look at me going back on hrt’. I’m furious and upset and after looking online, see that hrt can actually lower blood pressure. I’ve not even completed my 3 months trial yet 😢😢.

The last 3 months feel a complete waste of time. I’m concerned what the effects of such an abrupt stop will be. I can’t speak to the nurse who originally prescribed the patches until Thursday (and that’s if I can even get an appointment), plus I’m out of patches tomorrow. I take my last patch off tomorrow. I’ve also read that having high blood pressure is NOT a reason to stop HRT. It should just be monitored. I even suggested this to the doctor…..that could I please go away and monitor my blood pressure for a few days but STOP ON the HRT for now. He said no. I have to stop now. Today.

I’m in bits ☹️. My cycle will be messed up totally and by the time I get my HRT back, I’ll have had a 4+ days break, depending on if I even get another appointment this week. Things have been tough over the last few months, but I really felt things were beginning to settle down. Now this!!

Any advice? 😢

Appalling!!  I am so sorry. I would ask to speak to the practice manager and explain HRT can lower blood pressure and you urgently need your patches right away! I cannot believe the doctor did this without even understanding anything about menopause. Try to call now while they are open. I wish you luck.

Doodle

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2023, 03:15:59 PM »

Any advice? 😢

Appalling!!  I am so sorry. I would ask to speak to the practice manager and explain HRT can lower blood pressure and you urgently need your patches right away! I cannot believe the doctor did this without even understanding anything about menopause. Try to call now while they are open. I wish you luck.

Hi Flossieteacake, thankyou so much for the reply. I did ring the doctors after I got home and had had a little cry and calmed down a bit. She was sympathetic and said that the Meno nurse was back in later this week and to ring to speak to her then. Do you think I should ring again and ask to speak to the practice manager?

I’ve just gone online and ordered a singular pack of patches which are arriving tomorrow. So I feel better about that, but the lack of knowledge from ‘doctors’ is astounding. I’ve read so many articles this afternoon. Some by Louise Newson too, saying that HRT is ok to have if a person has high blood pressure. The annoying thing is, that a lot of us have high blood pressure in the doctors surgery. It’s a known fact. And yes I’m anxious 😥, but that doctor has just made that anxiety 10 times worse.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2023, 03:53:50 PM »

The only issue with that is you will not have a patch by the time the meno nurse is back will you? I am sad you had to order your own patches but thank goodness you were able to and I hope they do arrive tomorrow.

I still think it is worth calling the practice manager and letting them know what happened. It caused you such a huge stress and that rude Dr did not even listen to your opinion.

It is very true many have high blood pressure at the surgery and they even call it white coat syndrome. I hope you are feeling okay now. I would have been distraught.

Doodle

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2023, 04:12:52 PM »

The only issue with that is you will not have a patch by the time the meno nurse is back will you? I am sad you had to order your own patches but thank goodness you were able to and I hope they do arrive tomorrow.

I still think it is worth calling the practice manager and letting them know what happened. It caused you such a huge stress and that rude Dr did not even listen to your opinion.

It is very true many have high blood pressure at the surgery and they even call it white coat syndrome. I hope you are feeling okay now. I would have been distraught.

Exactly Flossieteacake 👍🏻. I tried explaining that when I rung the surgery…..that Thursday isn’t helpful because I needed the patches today, or tomorrow at the latest. I could almost hear the receptionists shoulders shrugging as I was speaking 😡😔. Things are hard enough as it is, without being thrown curveballs at every opportunity. I have checked my blood pressure a few times since I’ve come home, and it is quite high, but I feel that this is making things worse.

I was (still am) quite distraught. It’s upsetting that I’m having to spend more money to get the help I need. It shouldn’t have to be this way. It’s so hard.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2023, 04:16:49 PM »

Exactly Flossieteacake 👍🏻. I tried explaining that when I rung the surgery…..that Thursday isn’t helpful because I needed the patches today, or tomorrow at the latest. I could almost hear the receptionists shoulders shrugging as I was speaking 😡😔. Things are hard enough as it is, without being thrown curveballs at every opportunity. I have checked my blood pressure a few times since I’ve come home, and it is quite high, but I feel that this is making things worse.

I was (still am) quite distraught. It’s upsetting that I’m having to spend more money to get the help I need. It shouldn’t have to be this way. It’s so hard.

What a terrible day you have had. I really feel for you and feel angry on your behalf. Menopause is hard enough as it is without having this to deal with on top of it. I think you telling the practice manager may be an idea as you deserve an apology and that Dr needs to know what happened is not acceptable.

I would not check your blood pressure any more today, Doodle. You have had a very stressful day so it is bound to be higher then it usually is. Is it possible to do something nice for yourself now? Something that will relax you a little perhaps.

Doodle

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2023, 04:28:44 PM »

I’d love a bath. But that’s out of the question 😬🤣.

You’re so kind, thank you so much. I’ll be ok. I suppose we have to be. I am going to complain to the practice manager though. I hate complaining, because I know how hard things must be for the doctors and nurses too, but I feel like I’ve been fobbed off and backed into a corner too many times now. I will make a verbal complaint……if they’d answer the phone 🥴.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2023, 04:31:42 PM »

You’re so kind, thank you so much. I’ll be ok. I suppose we have to be. I am going to complain to the practice manager though. I hate complaining, because I know how hard things must be for the doctors and nurses too, but I feel like I’ve been fobbed off and backed into a corner too many times now. I will make a verbal complaint……if they’d answer the phone 🥴.

I know that feeling. I used to have hot baths with bath bombs to relax me. We have to settle for warm showers now. ;)

Do not feel bad to make a complaint. Think how you are helping others as this will happen to them too.

Perhaps watching or listening to something nice and eating something tasty will be a different kind of relaxation. :)

Doodle

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2023, 04:38:44 PM »

I know that feeling. I used to have hot baths with bath bombs to relax me. We have to settle for warm showers now. ;)

Do not feel bad to make a complaint. Think how you are helping others as this will happen to them too.

Perhaps watching or listening to something nice and eating something tasty will be a different kind of relaxation. :)

Ohhh me too. I so miss my ‘Lush’ bathbombs.

That’s a good point about my complaint helping others in the future. I’d never thought of it that way.

SkyMovies have the Twilight Movies playing back to back at the moment. I think I might settle down and watch that tonight. Cheesy viewing I suppose, but I like them 😄.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2023, 04:43:11 PM »

Ohhh me too. I so miss my ‘Lush’ bathbombs.

That’s a good point about my complaint helping others in the future. I’d never thought of it that way.

SkyMovies have the Twilight Movies playing back to back at the moment. I think I might settle down and watch that tonight. Cheesy viewing I suppose, but I like them 😄.

Lush was my 'go to' place anytime I wanted a treat. I cannot use any of their stuff now and cannot even smell them without feeling sick. Lol.

Oh yes, you will be helping others and also ensuring the locum Dr does not ruin other peoples day.

That is a great idea! I hope you enjoy them. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4