Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Confused about cycle  (Read 395 times)

medkaz

• First Flush
Confused about cycle
« on: January 16, 2023, 10:58:26 PM »

Hi

Am new to the forum and new to HRT and very confused! I haven’t had a period for over five months and I’ve been put on the oestrogel with days 15-26 taking the utrogestan. I was expecting some intermittent bleeding but haven’t had any so do I count this first cycle as 28 days? If so I’m now on day 6 of cycle 2 feeling like I’m premenstrual- is this normal?

Grateful for any guidance. Thank you 😊

DottyD68

Re: Confused about cycle
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 11:08:35 PM »

Hi Medcaz,

You maybe about to have a withdrawal bleed which occurs a few days after you stop taking the utrogestan when you are on the sequential HRT regime (which I think you are - 12 or 14 days out of 28).

If you have a bleed whilst you are taking the utrogestan this could be a break through bleed which is basically your own hormones causing a natural bleed/period.

Hope that makes sense.

medkaz

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 11:18:35 PM »

Ah ok thanks, that does make sense. I was just getting confused about when to next take utrogestan again with not being clear on when first cycle ended and second one started but think I get it now, thank you!

DottyD68

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 11:30:20 PM »

My GP told me to take it 14 days out of 28 - days 15-28 irrespective of when I have a bleed. I believe you can also take it days 15-26 but its easier to take it 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off to keep track of where you are in the diary.

I write the next month out in a little note book so I know exactly when to take it and also use the notebook to keep a log of any symptoms to see if there is any pattern, and also to keep a record of bleeds.

medkaz

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 07:36:53 AM »

Two weeks out of 28 feels easier to work with than days 15-26. That’s a good idea logging it - can’t rely on my memory at the moment! Thanks for the replies