Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Let’s talk funny heads  (Read 785 times)

Smokey

Let’s talk funny heads
« on: January 21, 2023, 01:36:52 PM »

Hello

I keep getting these strange heads and wonder if anyone can relate or have something similar.

I sometimes feel as though I’m in a bubble looking out there isn’t any pain but I definitely don’t like how they make me feel I also feel a bit tearful too they sometimes only last a couple of hours or all day I think I get them several times a month not the same time though.

I’m on 125 of oestrogen oestrodot patches I have the mirena coil as my prog part.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Let’s talk funny heads
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 01:40:58 PM »

When I go into a theatre/cinema as the lights go down I feel as though I am being dragged forwards = nausea.  This has happened since the mid-1980s.  We no longer go to indoor concerts  :-\.  I also have head 'zaps' ...... for no apparent reason.

Lanie66

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 02:42:11 PM »

Hi Smokey, I often get 'funny heads' too though a different feeling to yours.  I have had vertigo quite badly a couple of times, and I would describe my funny heads like the early onset of vertigo, like a little woozy, nauseous and it makes me really tired, but doesn't go any further.  It could be ear related, or as I have also had sinus problems all my life, sinus related.  Of course they're also related.   I take an antihistamine which normally helps.  I think sometimes bending over,  moving while concentrating on cleaning etc can bring it on.  I don't feel tearful but it's a good excuse to drop tools and sit down with a cuppa for a while til it passes

Amazing grace

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 02:53:50 PM »

I get funny heads too, started at the onset of peri I feel floaty and spacey almost like my head is stuffed with cotton wool, horrible fuzzy feeling I feel unbalanced with it ,I’ve had every test going and no other issues found, I still get them even on every dose of hrt , they come in bouts lasting weeks or months at a time then disappear, they also can last a few hours or all day even when sitting, I also have exactly the same thing that CLKD describes and can no longer go to indoor concerts due to the same sensation of being dragged forward and feeling sick with it, plus head zaps that mostly happen when dropping off to sleep x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 03:24:41 PM »

Amazing Grace!  U describe what I have suffered - the 1st person to understand what I feel as lights go down.   :thankyou:

Amazing grace

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 03:37:44 PM »

Hi CLKD although I wish you didn’t suffer the same thing, there is comfort in finding someone who experiences the same sensations I feel more normal reading your description  :-* x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 05:47:37 PM »

I did wonder about asking for a neurological appt but couldn't really describe the sensation  :-\.  The optician didn't seem to think that there was a clinical problem either. 

The head zaps are 'normal' for me, probably due to medications taken over the years.  Enough to make me go 'oh!' then gone  ::)