Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Coming off hrt  (Read 696 times)

Law

Coming off hrt
« on: December 29, 2022, 09:25:06 AM »

Hi, I’ve decided after 4 months of being on Evorel Sequi patches to come off hrt.
I can’t take the back, breast & stomach pain any more. The anxiety of over thinking what’s wrong with hasn’t helped either. Did anyone else have the same pain?
Does anyone know how long it will take for the hrt to come out my system & I’m hoping I will go back to being pain free.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

Taz2

Re: Coming off hrt
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 09:53:35 AM »

Hi Law. Sorry you've been feeling so awful but have you had these various symptoms looked at separately? It's sometimes easy to blame it all on HRT. The breast pain is common with extra oestrogen. It's more unusual for transdermal HRT to cause stomach problems. What sort of pain is it? Do you find your symptoms worse during the second half of the cycle when the progesterone is added in? The back pain could be related to the shoulder injury you suffered which sounded very painful.

When I was made to come off HRT for a while it was around a month before my meno symptoms began to return but everyone is different. There are of course other types of HRT you can try if you find that you do still need it. I hope you soon feel much better.

Taz x  :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 09:59:03 AM »

Morning.   :hug:  from me.

Doodle

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 05:33:28 PM »

Hi Law, I’m sorry to hear that things are not going as you’d hoped. I’ve just started my 3rd month of Evorel Sequi and have also had breast pain (quite bad at times), plus lower back pain and unexplained stomach pain. I do a physical job, so at times I’m unsure whether the back pain is hormone related or just ‘general graft’ related 😁. It’s still early days but I’ve already thought of stopping the patches a couple of times. My health anxiety has been off the scale at times. You have to do what you feel is right for you. I can’t offer much advice because I’m still brand new to all this too and just trying to muddle through each day. Take care and I really hope things get better for you, whatever you decide to do.

Law

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 08:57:18 PM »

Well it’s been a week since I stopped using the patches. I’m feeling so much better. The breast & stomach pain has nearly gone. Back pain is still bad but I had this for about a year.
The doctor did mention only using a certain patch & maybe trying tablets but I couldn’t wait another 3 months to see if it worked.
The night sweats are back & I’ve had a few emotional days. I’ve ordered some herbal tablets that I was using before the hrt which helped before.
I really thought hrt was going to help me but it looks like I can’t take it

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 09:04:50 PM »

It doesn't have to be the end of the road for hrt, it isn't uncommon to have to try more than one type or to tweak the dose. If you do try again perhaps try gel as utro, gel is good for altering the dose. If you start on a lower dose you shouldn't get the breast pain. Good luck whatever you decide.