Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Itchiness and Nipple Discharge  (Read 832 times)

Jaxf

• First Flush
Itchiness and Nipple Discharge
« on: December 29, 2022, 12:58:22 PM »

Hi  I am 52 and have been on Femoston for past 2 years. Its been fab as it stopped my heavy bleeding every 10 days. Recently I have started to itch!! I have ezcema and asthma bur never to this extreme - I feel at times like I have either the hives or fleas (neither of which I have BTW!). Also for past 2.5 months my nipples have been discharging. Cannot get a F2F GP appointment  have been give  3 x 5 day courses of antibiotics- made no difference. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? It is getting me down  having an impact on self confidence and intimacy.

Flossieteacake

Re: Itchiness and Nipple Discharge
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 01:05:22 PM »

Hello Jaxf. Welcome to the forum. I get that awful itching when I need to increase my oestrogen. It is such a horrible feeling so I understand how you are feeling. I am sure somebody knowledgeable will be along soon for your other query.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 01:56:24 PM »

Your GP is being negligent as any discharge from. nipples should be checked.  Ring your surgery today and ask to be seen by a breast surgeon or at the very least, the Nurse Practitioner as well as letting the Practice Manager know that you haven't been offered a face2face.  Antibiotics should not be given for 'just' any condition!  This is why World wide there is resistance to most ABs and soon bugs won't react because they are used to what they are being 'fed'.  [clear as mud  :-X]

Browse round.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry:  inside and out; deep in the ears, scalp, skin, vagina, anus, between the toes, eyes ...... and muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  HRT may well sort any itchyness, forutatenly mine settled without. 

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 02:50:23 PM »

I have to agree with CLKD, you need a face to face consultation, any discharge from the nipples must be checked, and why the need for antibiotics!

Hope you get it sorted soon!

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 05:27:39 PM »

My friend had nipple discharge (both nipples) and it was a problem with her pituitary gland. You need blood tests. If the discharge is from one nipple then this needs investigation for possible breast cancer but from both points more towards a malfunction of the pituitary gland.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 06:52:50 PM »

Isn't it awful that your GP won't give you a face2face - a letter to your MP and the Health Minister?