Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice re: oestragel  (Read 569 times)

discogirl

Advice re: oestragel
« on: December 29, 2022, 07:06:05 AM »

Hi everyone,

I really would appreciate some advice.

I increased to 4 pumps of gel at the beginning of december; my symptoms were chronic insomnia and anxiety.

My sleep had improved however I noticed a few days ago that my anxiety has come back, and my breasts have been slightly tender, but I have also noticed very slight spotting on the toilet paper when I first get up in the morning to go for a wee.

Does this mean that I'm on too high a dose of the gel or what I'm very confused.

I use utrogestan every night vaginally

Nas

Re: Advice re: oestragel
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 10:20:44 AM »

It’s probably the hrt disco, you’ve gone up to 4 pumps quite quickly?

Technically any post meno bleeds, should be checked out. If you mentioned the spotting to a GP, they would probably want you to have a hysteroscopy, to check the womb lining thickness ( unless you’ve had one recently ?)

Maybe try dropping down to 3 pumps to see if the spotting stops.

😀x

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 10:37:43 AM »

Hi Nas,

Thanks so much for replying.

I had a vaginal ultrasound last year before I started hrt, but maybe I should mention it to the gp to see about getting another one done.

thanks for the reply x

Nas

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 10:46:28 AM »

I bet it is the hrt. It’s down to you whether you want to get it investigated, since you had an u/s last year.

It might settle down over time, but If it doesn’t, I would ge inclined to drop down even just half a pump, to see if that sorts it?

Your sleep has improved, so you are reaping the benefits, despite the spotting.

X

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 10:50:56 AM »

Hi spotting is quite normal when you start hrt or change a dose . It sounds like you’re body is just getting used to the added oestrogen as it’s been without for a long time .

Here is advice from Dr Newson:

It is very common for women to have irregular and even sometimes heavy bleeding when they start HRT or when they increase the dose of oestrogen in the HRT. This can take 3 to 6 months to settle.

If you have bleeding that worsens or does not improve after this time, then you should contact us at the clinic or your GP as further investigations may be necessary.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 11:07:06 AM by Dotty »

Zoe

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 12:19:53 PM »

Another option would be to increase your utrogestan to 200mg if you are someone that tolerates it. I wouldn't be too worried about things at this point. You could also, as others have said, decrease the oestrogen a little or just wait it out and see what happens. Obviously if the bleeding gets heavier or continues after a good while you would want to get things checked. But likely the increase in oestrogen.

Never simple, eh?

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 12:24:32 PM »

thanks so much for that dotty.

i just dont understand why my anxiety has come back as it went. been about 1 wk now.