Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Best natural supplements for mood post menopause  (Read 4894 times)

Shaz7172

• First Flush
Best natural supplements for mood post menopause
« on: December 24, 2022, 09:56:37 AM »

Hi. Anyone recommend best natural supplements to balance mood and anxiety for post menopausal. I’m on St John’s wort at the min because I have hit an all time low but do not want to remain on it. Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Best natural supplements for mood post menopause
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 10:45:48 AM »

Menopause is natural but it can throw up all kinds of symptoms.   >:(. If St John's Wort helps, why stop?  However, no 'alternative' should be taken for more than 3 months at a time and St John's Wort should not be used when on any prescribed medication without advice from a Pharmacist.  It can stop absorption particularly of ADs.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress, to see if symptoms are cyclical.  Which would you like to ease first?

Shaz7172

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 11:44:24 AM »

The list of do not take medications  next to St John’s wort is endless. So I’m taking it on its own. Without any supplements for achy joints or any vitamins

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 12:09:28 PM »

Hi that way you will know if it works/doesn't.  U can of course take pain relief as necessary .  Once the aches are under control you will feel better overall.  I tolerate 'nurofen' either 1 or 2 capsules when I get a headache or when the bursitis is particularly painful.

Let us know how you get on.

Minusminnie

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 05:24:46 PM »

Hi. Anyone recommend best natural supplements to balance mood and anxiety for post menopausal. I’m on St John’s wort at the min because I have hit an all time low but do not want to remain on it. Thanks

I can't speak for it but there is a lady on here who is trialing Lithium Orotate who may be along soon.

Tara Gaston

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 01:09:36 PM »

I have been taking a product called Saffrosun from a company called The Naked Pharmacy. I find that they help with my hot flushes and anxiety.   The company itself is excellent with qualified pharmacists you can chat to. Give it a go.