Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel 750 mg  (Read 1200 times)

rabt

Oestrogel 750 mg
« on: December 23, 2022, 12:47:30 PM »

Hi. I am currently using Estradot mg patches and Utrogestan 100mg but Dr has suggested using the Eostrogel 750mg however I picked up my prescription today and it just says use once a day and doesn’t say how many pumps to use. Should I just try two? What’s the maximum and is it possible to keep using patches and top up with this or should I just use the gel on it’s own. It’s so difficult to get an appointment at my surgery even for a telephone conversation I’ll probably have to wait two weeks to speak to her. I don’t know whether I can just start the gel straight away or whether I have to wait. I’m having my period now and in cycle day 3.  I usually take Utrogestan two weeks in the month as perimenopausal. Any help gratefully received.

Flossieteacake

Re: Oestrogel 750 mg
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 12:51:00 PM »

What a shame your GP did not explain this to you. I do not know anything about gel but I am sure somebody will reply to you soon.

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 02:01:47 PM »

Yes the standard dose is 2 pumps once a day, I am only on one now to keep my symptoms at bay. Try with 2 and from there you can either increase or decrease depending on how you feel.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 02:07:11 PM »

Hi which strength of patches were you using ?

What is the reason for changing to gel ?

Continue using the Utrogestan as you have been doing.x

Pippa52

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 03:12:18 PM »

Thats so difficult for you.  The dosage should absolutely have been put on the label when you picked up the prescription.  Maybe the pharmacist could advise you?

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 06:12:58 PM »

One pump of gel is roughly equivalent to 25 patch so you need to see what strength patch you were on.

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 08:12:09 PM »

Hi. I am currently using Estradot mg patches and Utrogestan 100mg but Dr has suggested using the Eostrogel 750mg however I picked up my prescription today and it just says use once a day and doesn’t say how many pumps to use. Should I just try two? What’s the maximum and is it possible to keep using patches and top up with this or should I just use the gel on it’s own. It’s so difficult to get an appointment at my surgery even for a telephone conversation I’ll probably have to wait two weeks to speak to her. I don’t know whether I can just start the gel straight away or whether I have to wait. I’m having my period now and in cycle day 3.  I usually take Utrogestan two weeks in the month as perimenopausal. Any help gratefully received.

this is disgraceful that your gp gave you oestragel without telling you how much to use.

gp's wouldnt dispense medication without giving correct dosage so why are women always treat with such contempt when it comes to hrt.

keep checking in on this forum. everything i found out about hrt was from the ladies on here.

i really hope you get sorted xxx

rabt

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 09:47:46 PM »

Thanks everyone for your replies . I was a bit annoyed. I managed to speak to the receptionist and she checked and the Dr said 1 pump a day. I was on a 50mg patch so now I’m wondering if that’s okay. Really difficult when you can’t just call and speak to the Dr. I did have a meeting and she’d done some blood tests and said if they come back normal then you can try the gel but just let reception know when you get the test results and I’ll prescribe it. I was getting tested due to being really tired all the time. I have been anaemic in the past a few times but the tests came back normal. I hope 1 pump a day is enough. So confusing

rabt

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 09:51:10 PM »

Hi which strength of patches were you using ?

What is the reason for changing to gel ?

Continue using the Utrogestan as you have been doing.x

Thanks. I was really struggling with tiredness and bloating/weight gain. She did a blood test as I’ve been anaemic a few times due to heavy periods but they came back normal. She said to save me having to get another appointment she could just prescribe me eostrogel to see if that was better than the 50mg patches. It did come back normal so I asked for the gel. No instructions other than use once a day. I called this after and she said 1 pump a day which doesn’t seem much.

rabt

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2022, 09:54:52 PM »

One pump of gel is roughly equivalent to 25 patch so you need to see what strength patch you were on.

Thank you. I called this afternoon and the receptionist asked her and she said one pump a day. I was on a 50mg patch before. I’ll try once and I guess I could add more if I need to. It’s all so confusing. That’s for your reply. I feel great for a few days from day 3 of my cycle. I have energy SNV I’m motivated but then once I get into double figures I start to feel tired less motivated irritable and lower mood. Wish I had the money and I’d go private so I could get properly tested 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2022, 10:20:55 PM »

At least you can add an extra pump if you feel you need it. I am sorry you were just left to figure this out. I would not worry about private testing as sometimes it is more helpful to go by how you actually feel. :)

Dotty

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2022, 06:55:07 AM »

Hi 1 pump is equal to a 25 patch so that’s probably not going to be enough. If you’re still getting symptoms the likelihood is that you need more oestrogen . x

rabt

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2022, 10:06:17 PM »

Hi 1 pump is equal to a 25 patch so that’s probably not going to be enough. If you’re still getting symptoms the likelihood is that you need more oestrogen . x

Thanks. I’ll try one but increase it if I feel ropey. The Dr did mention previously that gel might be an option as you can up the dose of you’re not feeling great. I’ll order more as 1 tube won’t last long I feel