Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan Bleed  (Read 828 times)

Zar

Utrogestan Bleed
« on: December 22, 2022, 10:27:38 AM »

Hi all - I’ve recently started testosterone and it seems to have brought a very light period back. It has appeared two months in a row now and is definitely a period as I get slight cramping and all the signs of a period.

I’m on continuous Utrogestan with a 3 day break. If I have a period just before the 3 day break, do I need to have the break? Since the purpose of the break is to start a withdrawal bleed, do I need it? I love my Utrogestan as it gives me a deep sleep so any excuse not to have to stop suits me fine!

Have a fab Winter/Christmas break everyone and thanks for your advice!  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utrogestan Bleed
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 11:21:58 AM »

HRT !  Trial and Error can be so tiring.  Any hints in the leaflet in the box?  Or put the product name into the search box to see if threads pop up?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 04:23:04 PM »

As it's supposed to trigger the bleed I don't see how the break will help though personally I think I'd wait for the end of the bleed before restarting utro. If the bleed is continually at the wrong time it might be better to adjust the utro cycle so you stop 2 days before it's due.

Ellie O

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 10:13:20 PM »

I understand that the purpose of 3 days break is to prevent bleeding, and not to trigger it.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 11:21:05 PM »

In peri it's the withdrawal of utro after the 12 days that invokes a bleed. Using a 3 day break is useful in late peri as it allows a bleed if there's been a build up. Most women choose to take it every day once they know they're meno and they know there won't be a bleed.

Zar

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 07:50:05 AM »

Thanks everyone. I think that’s a good idea to re-adjust the 3 day gap to match the natural period if it’s going to keep re-appearing at the same time each month. 🎅🏼🎄 x

Ecl

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 09:59:29 AM »

Hi Zar,
Just to say I am peri and on utro 12 days a month, 200.  Ever since starting HRT, my “period “ has either not happened at all, or arrives during the utro phase, never after. I tried adjusting the timing of my utro but that just led to the abdominal pains I had when I started returning and my period still arrived on day 8 of utro. It’s not my natural cycle, that was three monthly when I started, and varied as to when I took the utro when I was trying to line them up. So I now just accept that my period starts day 8 if it will, and carry on as normal.
I would say if you are only prescribed 25 tablets every 4 weeks then I would stay on course. As long as your lining is shedding, don’t worry about it.
Hope I don’t add to your confusion xx

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 10:17:55 AM »

Hello Zar.

I think the ladies have given you some good advice regarding Utrogestan but I see that you feel that adding Testosterone has caused a change in your cycle.

It might be worth doing a bit more research on that subject, perhaps do a search on this site?  Personally I haven't experienced this problem with testosterone so it is a new one on me but other ladies may be able to help you.

Take care.

K.