Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Delay Breakthrough Bleed For Holiday this week  (Read 969 times)

Margaret70

• First Flush
Delay Breakthrough Bleed For Holiday this week
« on: December 22, 2022, 02:49:22 AM »

Hi everyone I’m on Everol Sequi patch and can’t get to speak to my doctor in the UK for advice. I’m going on holiday Boxing Day and was wanting to not have a breakthrough bleed. I’m due to use my first combined patch on Friday. When I use this patch I take a bleed the following week. Do I maybe just keep using the patch with estrogen only this month? Any advice welcome! Thank you

Flossieteacake

Re: Delay Breakthrough Bleed For Holiday this week
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 07:34:31 AM »

Hello Margaret. I do not have any advice but just wanted to welcome you.😀

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 07:40:55 AM »

Hi Margaret. I've had a quick search of the forum and found this thread which my be helpful https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,34871.0.html#msg557841

It's more usual to have the withdrawal bleed at the beginning of the new cycle though as it's the stopping of the progesterone which induces the bleed. It could be that your own cycle is still active. I'm not sure where you are in menopause.

I'm sure there will be more advice soon. 

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Ellie O

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 08:32:28 AM »

Hi. Yes, use only estrogen patches now. This will delay your bleeding. Take combined patches after holiday.

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 09:24:17 AM »

Hi you can try and stop a bleed but hrt doesn’t work like the contraceptive pill and therefore it might not work. x

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 10:29:27 AM »

You should bleed a couple of days after stopping the combined patch. If you normally bleed before this it's likely to be caused by your own cycle which has got out of step with the hrt one. So you can certainly try to delay the bleed but it may not work as the hrt cycle will not override your own.

Margaret70

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 08:50:23 AM »

Thank you everyone for your advice.before I started the hrt I didn’t have a period for 8 months. So think it’s just having the withdrawal bleed has been a little mixed up as I accidentally used the wrong patch last month . I used the combined one instead of the estrogen only and it messed me up. But hopefully if I stay on the estrogen only this month I’ll avoid the bleed