Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti - seeking advice  (Read 577 times)

KM 14

• First Flush
Evorel Conti - seeking advice
« on: December 22, 2022, 09:17:45 PM »

Hi

I picked up my Evorel Conti patches today (just over 2 weeks since confirmation from GP, so feel extremely overwhelmed). I understand that everyone is different, but I'm just looking for some advice on whether I start the patches straight away or get Christmas Day over with first.

I tend to suffer from a number of side effects of any medication I take (a majority of medication taken for my headaches was trial & error, most didn't make it past the first few weeks 🤦‍♀️). I'm just not sure if the effects from the patches happen quickly or not & I really don't want to spoil Christmas Day feeling rubbish from potential side effects (I am figuring that at least the menopause symptoms I can manage now that I know what they are 🤣).

To compound the dilemma I'm also just recovering from D & V courtesy of parents sending children to nursery unwell, but that's a rant for another day (I'm obviously in relaxed mode for now as I managed to remain very calm 🤣🤣).

As you can probably tell, I am rambling & mostly siding on the wait till Boxing Day approach, but could also just be putting off the inevitable 🤷‍♀️🤣🤦‍♀️.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Kat36

Re: Evorel Conti - seeking advice
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 12:39:31 AM »

Personally, I’d wait until after Xmas. Just maintain the stays quo. The side effects are different for everyone, but if you want a predictable festive season I’d say start after Xmas. :)

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 06:25:07 AM »

I think I’d wait till after Xmas x

Are you post menopause…12 months without a period ?

KM 14

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 08:45:06 AM »

Thank you for the advice. It's pretty much what I was thinking.

I'm post menopause, last period was approx 18mths ago

Pauline67

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 09:57:59 AM »

Hi KM

Im on Evorel Conti (3 Months) and things didnt start to improve for me for a few weeks, but every womans body is different.  If your worried about Christmas then start them after, but personally i would start now, as i noticed no difference with my symptoms till about 3/4 weeks when my hot flushes disappeared first, but its up to you.  :)