Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Has anyone else had oestrogen surges?  (Read 813 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Has anyone else had oestrogen surges?
« on: December 20, 2022, 12:43:20 PM »

I’m on a 50mg patch now - have noticed though that a couple of hours after applying, I’m getting really unpleasant feelings.  I can only describe them as surges or dreads?

Anyone else has something similar? I’m sure this must mean that the doseage is too high.  Or does it settle?

Flossieteacake

Re: Has anyone else had oestrogen surges?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 12:44:22 PM »

I have read about this quite a lot on here. I am not sure if it means the oestrogen is too much or it just needs to settle. Maybe typing it into the search will help to see what other members did?

You could always try and cut a little bit of the patch so instead of 50 it is 35.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 10:33:40 AM »

Thanks FlossieTeacake! I followed your advice and it seems I’m not alone!!

Also think my own hormones may still be coming into play which isn’t helping!!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 10:40:36 AM »

It is horrid when it happens. I hope it settles for you soon.

Peri2022

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 06:40:47 PM »

Hi, you’re not alone in this! I had the same awful wired/jittery feeling on 50mcg Estradot. Went back down to 25mcg and now up to 31.25 with some nifty patch cutting. Even 3/4 of a patch makes me feel odd. I guess we all have different tolerance!

AM16

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 09:39:42 PM »

Yes, I definitely did on Estrogel. It happened a few hours after taking and sometimes at night too which was very uncomfortable. I’ve switched to Everol patches and they’ve completely stopped now which is good but strange as I thought they would give the same dose and side effects!

Kat36

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 12:41:50 AM »

In my experience it’s just a bit of a rush/your hormones bouncing around. I still get it periodically-mostly at night or within an hour of changing patch.

Floo36

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 09:09:57 AM »

It may not be the hrt but your own hormones. I have those symptoms and even when not taking anything they still happen but worse, the dreads etc are usually low Estrogen.

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 10:29:36 AM »

Hello ladies.

I seem to be the queen of surges and experience ups and downs throughout the day lol.

I have tried to link them to when I apply my gel and although this could be a factor in the morning it doesn't really explain the afternoon surges or even the welcome feeling of calm in the evenings!

I am post meno and still experimenting with HRT dose so that may explain it. I have also mentioned before that according to my friend's Consultant our ovaries can continue to function into our seventies.

Wishing you well ladies.

K.