Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: oestrogel - conflicting advice  (Read 686 times)

PoppyPopcorn

oestrogel - conflicting advice
« on: December 20, 2022, 11:45:00 AM »

Have recently started on Oestrogel, 4 pumps, to replace a 100 mcg patch which I was allergic to the glue.

I am reading lots of conflicting advice about the mechanisms of use.

Some people say that if you are on 4 pumps of gel, it's best to do 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening rather than 4 all at once in the morning. Is there any reason why one would be better than another?

Rubbing it in - the manufacturer says to slick it on and leave it to try, the Balance app says to rub it in.

I really want this to work for me and want to maximise the chances of getting it right.

Dotty

Re: oestrogel - conflicting advice
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 11:49:30 AM »

I use 4 pumps all at once in a morning and I think I do a mixture of rubbing in and letting dry. x

Cobweb4moth

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 09:59:26 PM »

I use 4 pumps , 2 in the morning and 2 at night, I rub In and have not noticed  any sleep issues

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 10:41:31 PM »

I don't think it matters too much how much you rub it in as long as you do the same thing every time so you get a consistent dose. I thinned it out and rubbed lightly, it takes forever to dry if you don't. I used 2 pumps am and pm mostly because it's too cold for bare shoulders but I thought it might smooth out any peaks. What were you allergic to? I was allergic to evorel but was fine on gel and now on estradot.

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 08:41:51 AM »

hi poppycorn

im on 4 pumps and i do it all in the morning as i would find splitting the dose too energising at night. having said that it works for some women
 i hate to say it but it really is trial and error.

i find inconsistencies on the balance app too.

i spread it on so it leaves a kind of thin sheen. i dont rub it in as you would moisturiser.

ive actually emailed besins on another issue if they get back to me i will pose this question to them x