Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Stay on HRT or Not ?  (Read 741 times)

Mrs B

• First Flush
Stay on HRT or Not ?
« on: December 19, 2022, 08:20:01 PM »

Hi all new to all this so forgive me if this has all been asked before. I started taking Evorel Conti patches 30th August after not had a period in about 3 years I just felt like my head was all over the place and didn’t feel like myself like was just outside looking in and thehot flushes were getting to me a bit. So after a few weeks the flushes more or less stopped and after about 2 months I felt a bit more “level” however that isn’t the case at the moment. This Friday and Saturday Ii had some bleeding and spotting with discomfit and pain in my ovaries and lower stomach. Obvs straight on internet to self diagnose and some sites said 3-6 months to settle others say if this happens after 3 months see GP. I have a review 30.12.22. But my head is all over the place again and I feel anxious and not myself at all I’m overthinking everything all time again and I feel so unsure of myself at the moment I just want to cry. My hair is awful so dry and had to have it cut short as it was all dry and dead I have my hair cut every 6 ems and my hairdressers says it’s either the HRT or my thyroid ? So ladies I’m not sure if  HRT is for me but have I given it enough time anc I’m worried I’ll stop and and the flushed will start again what alternatives do I have. I
 A bit scared and so don’t know what to do. Sorry really long message 🙂

Flossieteacake

Re: Stay on HRT or Not ?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 08:25:01 PM »

Hello Mrs B. A warm welcome to the forum. Your message was not long at all and please do not apologise as you can write as much as you like.

It sounds like the HRT worked wonders but perhaps it just needs a little tweak to get you back to the good feeling it gave you. There are many options before you decide on stopping the HRT completely. It sounds to me like it may be an adjustment that is needed.

I am sorry to hear how anxious you are feeling. That is a horrid meno symptom and for many of us low oestrogen can cause this. You have a review coming up soon. Do you feel you can wait until you have the review to discuss a different HRT?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 08:53:40 PM »

When did u last have a thyroid-function blood test?

HRT can take a while for the body to adjust to the changes, especially when hormones are still active.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Which symptom would you like to ease first?

Browse round.   U could put 'evorel Conti' into the search box to see threads about the product.  Make notes ;-). 

Ask away, nowt is taboo.  Most of us have been 'there' to some degree.

Let us know how you get on? 

Petra

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 06:28:48 PM »

Hello, and my empathy. Great replies already. I agree that writing down which symptoms are the hardest to deal with and maybe trying to hold out till your review and if you can insist on hearing some options that might help with those symptoms. If you are getting benefit from HRT, stopping because of symptoms that there might be another way to alleviate might be worth avoiding if possible. Easier said than done, I know.

Anyway, strength to you.